Chapter 7

“Why not?!”

“Because it’s a stupid film and it’s not even remotely scary!”

“It’s not stupid!”

“Yes it is. The worst part is when that girl puts the axe through her friend’s knee.”

“Please?”

“No.”

“Pretty please with a cherry on top?”

Chase and I were over at his house. We’d just finished our second horror movie and were trying to decide on a third one. Chase wanted to watch The Descent, but I wasn’t having any of it.

“You can watch it in your own time, let’s find something else to watch.”

Chase huffed. “Fine.”

I got up and headed over to the bookcase that held all the DVD’s. I ran my finger along the cases, deciding what to watch next.

“Oh my god! We are so watching this one!” I said to Chase as I pulled the DVD out of its place.

“What is it?”

I turned around and showed him the DVD.

“That’s not horror,” he pointed out.

“So? We haven’t watched this in forever!”

“Fine, put it on then.”

“Yay!”  I cheered.

I flopped down in front of the DVD player and put on Get Him to the Greek. This was my favourite film for ages and I forced Chase to watch it with me every time we had a movie night.

“Remember that night we were watching it and our parents came back?” I asked Chase, as I settled back into the sofa.

Chase chuckled. “Oh god, that was awful. I genuinely thought my Mum was going to have a meltdown!”

The thing with Get Him to the Greek is that it’s a bit well, rude, to put it mildly. It was at an especially rude part that our parents decided to come back. Neither of our Dad’s were phased by it, but our Mum’s cringed a little. They are both fully aware that both Chase and I are legal to have sex, but they’d both rather not think about it. So when they came home just as one of the main characters in the film was having sex in toilet cubicle, they almost passed out. Mum and Nicole aren’t exactly prude, I think it’s because Chase and I are their “babies” and they refuse to think of us as adults.

“Some of my favourite quotes come from this movie,” Chase told me.

I grinned. “Yeah, mine too.”

“Stop smiling like that, you look like an eight year old that just discovered his first boner,” Chase laughed as he quoted a part of the movie.

I rolled my eyes. “You would like that one.”

“Well what’s your favourite bit?”

“The bit where they’ve just smoked the Jeffery and Sergio goes crazy and chases Aaron and Aldous down the corridor,” I grinned.

“You can not out run me, I am black!” Chase and I quoted together.

“Shh,” I whispered, smacking Chase’s arm. “It’s starting.”

We watched the film in silence, except for when we were laughing or saying the lines along with the actors. That was until Chase thought it’d be more fun to annoy me than actually watch the movie.

“I swear to God Chase, if you poke me one more time!” I threatened.

“Oh yeah?” He taunted with a smirk. “What are you going to do?”