A New Life

Sorry for not separating the last chapter...AT ALL. I'll try to remember to do that in this one. Hope y'all like it do far. Without further or do... Here you go, chapter three..

================+================

We decided to go from Georgia to California. We figured they we had enough money, so we flew first class. Our flight left at 6:00 AM. I knew we had to leave before our parents discovered we had gone. I was so happy that this day had finally come. I was free from the abuse, arguments, door slams, and the damn awkwardness in the air just being near him.

We walked into the airport and did all the stuff you do, weigh bags, scan self and bags, blazay blah blah... and got some food. It was 5:30 when we sat down to eat. When I looked up at the clock, it was 5:57! We still had to find our removal and confirm our flight. "Oh shit, Anaïs stop eating we have to go NOW!", I rushed. I grabbed her by the arm and we ran to our terminal. Luckily the flight was delayed 5 minutes, they took our bags to the wrong plane. I sat down relieved and reached down to get my purse. When I looked down to grab it I realized I left my Alto saxophone! "I'll be right back.", I said panicked. "What's wrong?!", Anaïs said worried. "I left Ace!" Yes I named my sax ace, she knows who that is and understands that's my baby. I ran to get Ace and in my way I saw some guy carrying him off. I glared at him and he set it down gently and put his hands up in mock surrender. I don't play about my baby.

By the time I got back they were already boarding the plane. I saw Anaïs with my bags and hers man was she struggling but gosh I love this chick! "Thanks bunny!", I said gratefully. "No problem Gummy Bear, now get yah bags before I fall over.", she said giggling. We laughed and boarded our plane and found our seats. Earlier we decided through "loud discussion" that I would get the window seat (I had an advantage because she's extremely ticklish). We sighed to our relief. We were one step closer to freedom and victory. Just then the steward got in the intercom, " I'm sorry everyone but we will have to delay the flight for about two more minutes, we have some people here looking for...", the few seconds he was figuring out those names felt like a lifetime. I looked at bunny with tears filling my eyes, it was over. We slowly arose from our seats. "... Otis Denali and Felicia Denali, you left some bags, here they are." We threw ourselves back down into our seats and hugged, thank goodness! From the moment I felt the plane take off I knew it would be smooth sailing from then on.

Comment

Vote

Share