23.

Third Person Point Of View

* Two weeks later *

Jess was on her way to the airport, she was skipping school just so she and her mother could pick up Mike and his mom. Jess was super giddy, she kept smiling like an idiot, she couldn't imagine how she would feel once she met Mike again as she used to like him a lot and now she was feeling similar feelings once more. The nervousness and the excitement were creating a weird harmony inside of her.

She had completely forgotten about Seungmin and the rest of her friend that was probably a huge mistake on her part, but if they found out they would most probably understand.

Jess's relationship with Seungmin was confusing, he wouldn't act like his usual nice and sweet self, he would be quite harsh around her, it was as if they were already dating and he was keeping his girl to himself, but they weren't dating and Jess was not his girl.

Of course, others would call Jess his girl as it was like an unwritten rule that you don't accidentally flirt with a publicly marked girl, to Jess this rule was bullshit as she couldn't understand the reason behind it.

" Jess, we're here! " Jess's mom said as she ended Jess's sudden daydreaming.

Jess smiled at her mom and happily got out of the car as she waited for her mother to do the same. When both of them were out they walked into the airport itself. Jess hadn't been at an airport ever since she moved to Korea, so it reminded her of horrible memories, but those were soon dropped once she saw Mike and his mom searching for them.

Jess took off as fast as she could and engulfed Mike into a big bear hug. It definitely took him off guard, but he was happy and returned the hug. The two of them stood there hugging each other as the moms met as well. Both of the moms were looking at their children with huge smiles on their faces, the view in front of them reminded them of the old times when a little Jess, Mike, and Dave would run around and cling to each other, just now they were missing Dave, but that didn't make the reunion sad.

They ended the hug and started walking to the car as both of the teens started a conversation.

" So Mike, how was your flight? " Jess awkwardly asked, her heart was racing rapidly.

Mike laughed and threw his arm around Jess's shoulders, " It was fine, just that the Korean ladies talked so much and because of that I couldn't understand a thing."

Jess felt relieves that at least Mike was super comfortable around her, but she felt Mike's heartbeat as well and just like hers it was fast and nervous.

Their day was spent with a lot of catching up, Jess ignored everything else around her and only paid attention to Mike.

As the evening started both of the teens decided that Jess should show Mike around the neighborhood and at the same time she could go to her school and pick up the homework she missed.

" So, found a guy you like? " Mike asked as he smirked at Jess while raising his eyebrows.

Jess smiled, " No. "

Why did Jess say no? It was a lie and she couldn't understand what drove her to such a disgusting decision.

" Aye, why not? Go get yourself some Korean dick, " Mike laughed as he continued following Jess.

She just shook her head in embarrassment but continued smiling at the same time, " Mike, if only you knew how hard it is to get Korean boys."

" That's what she said, " Mike laughed as he slung his arm around Jess's shoulders.

Jess felt her cheeks get slightly hotter, but when they finally reached her school she remembered about Seungmin and something inside her pulled her away from Mike's grip. Mike awkwardly coughed, but both of them soon forgot about it as Jess made her way to her classroom, she asked for Mike to stay outside, cause her teacher was still there and she didn't want to explain why she had brought a stranger to her school.

Once she entered the classroom, she was shocked to see Seungmin and her teacher there. It looked like Seungmin was studying for a test and the teacher was doing her own stuff. Jess as quiet as possible walked to her seat she got her books and was ready to leave when her teacher spotted her.

" Jess, why weren't you here today? " the teacher asked.

Jess cleared her throat and replied, " A family friend came to visit my family from America, so I didn't attend today."

Seungmin looked at her, he had hurt displayed all over his face as she hadn't told him anything and it looked like she didn't want to see him. She really didn't, she felt uncomfortable around him, she always felt giddy and nervous around him, but she didn't want to like him.

Maybe he would feel better if he knew that Jess hadn't told anyone about a friend coming to visit.

The teacher smiled at Jess as allowed her to leave. Jess exited the classroom as quick as she could. Once she left she saw Mike and ran up to him. Mike threw his arm around her shoulders once again and they started to walk out of the school.

Seungmin had decided to use the bathroom, but once he opened the door of his classroom, he was greeted with the view of Jess and another guy with her. He didn't want to admit it, but his heart broke into million pieces.