Epilogue

...sniffle...sob....sob...

Knock knock knock

"Hey Blue, it's just me, Vio...I have something for you that I think you might be more than interested in keeping. The others and I figured it would be best if you were the one to have it."

....

"...Y-Yeah?" Blue opened the door, but only slightly, he didn't want him to directly see his puffy eyes and dried trail of tears on his cheeks. He's supposed to be the toughest one here after all. "What is it pal?" He said, pretty unusual of him to be warm to someone....other than occasionally Red.

Vio revealed the item he held behind his back, it was a large piece of cloth that was covering something. He stared at what was visible of Blue's face, and said no more.

Blue opened his door wider, and carefully grabbed the item Vio was holding. He unwrapped it in front of him, and after doing so, he tried to hold back a tear, but failed. The dropplet fell onto the scabbard, with Red's sword protected inside it.

Vio sighed softly, and whipped one of Blue's cheeks. "You look just like him."

"Well, d-duh! We all look the same Vio!" He waved his hand away from him, he actually understood the comment, but didn't want to talk about him.

"If that's how you want to react, it's fine, I understand."

"What would you know?" He hugged the leather sheath closer to his chest. "You...you have Shadow with you....it's not fair..." he clenched his teeth and closed his eyes, tilting his head down to let the tears fall freely to the floor.

"Blue, nobody knows what exactly happened to him, not even Shadow. Remember what he told us, that Red disappeared out of thin air after mumbling some words along with your name. And that the swords shined a bright red that morning." Vio began to talk about it.

"I DON'T WANT TO--" he stopped himself from yelling, and took a deep breath. "...Vio, I don't want to talk about him right now."

"Right...I understand. I didn't mean to do that, I just...." Vio sighed again, this time with a small sob. "E-Excuse me." He said, then speed-walked away, probably already feeling saddened about the situation.

Blue watched as his fellow companion fled, he knew why, so he didn't mind one bit. Because he too wanted to do the same. He shut the door shot, and leaned against it, only to slowly slide down to the floor. "Oh Red...It was all my fault for being such an idiot. Me falling into that well caused misfortune to everyone." He sobbed, and tightened his embrace on the scabbard.

He took in a deep breath, and then wailed loudly, completely breaking down into more sorrow and despair. He tossed the sheath, and then proceeded to violently punch the nearest thing to him. The wall.

Blue finally stopped after his knuckles stung in pain and bled. Upon seeing the color scarlet, he immediately thought of the cheery and sometimes cowardly Red, then he wailed again, and forced himself to keep punching until he grew tired and passed out.

+×+×+×+×+×+

Blue, now regaining consciousness, winced in pain. His knuckles hurt as bad as being stung by a wasp, or as being bitten by a skultula. There was only one little thing about his hands that didn't seem to quite fit in.

His fingers, they have been bandaged up.

"Huh...Must have been Vio, or Shadow." Blue told himself, because Vio has the smarts to be able to pick a lock, and Shadow would be able to simply float into his room from the window. He flexed his fingers to see if he could still move his fingers with ease, despite the pain. Then, he noticed the red marks on the wall. He sighed annoyedly right afterwards and face palmed. "Dammit! Now I have to clean that up! What was I even thinking?!"

Tee hee hee!

"SHADOW, YOU WHERE WATCHING ME YOU CREEP?!?!" Blue shouted, loud enough for possibly whole of Hyrule to hear.

The figure wasn't very visible due to the very dim light coming from the one third of the moon that was in the sky. He was sitting by the window, and it looked like his head tilted away from the stars. "Shadow?" He giggled again, and jumped down from the windowframe. "Try to guess one more time!"

Blue raised an eyebrow, then took a step closer to see if he could get a better look at the color of the tunic. Although, the answer was actually quite obvious. He gasped, and his eyes widened.

He spread his arms, as if awaiting a hug. But instead, Blue took him by the collar, dragged him all the way across the room, and pinned him against the door for the light to face him better. Red stared innocently at Blue, with puppy eyes and everything. However, his face saddened after noticing a few tears landing onto his cheeks, tears that weren't his own.

"B-Blue...you're gonna make me cry..."

"Ugh, you're such an idiot. My eyes are sweating! Can't you see that??" He let out a sob, then grunted, not wanting to cry.

Red let out a tiny chuckle. "It's okay to cry..." He let out a sniffle.

"Oh Red...Dammit Red...I-I can't believe it's really you!!"

At last, Blue embraced him into a heartfelt hug, even though it was unusual of him to do something like that.

The two of them smiled at each other.

But then, Red began to cry more than Blue was.

+×+×+×+×+×+

"I think you might be right. I saw him smile in his sleep." Shadow raised an eyebrow.

"That's something that we haven't heard of...Could it be possible that...?" Green glanced over at Vio, wanting to hear what he has to say.

"....I don't know. Maybe he is alive, maybe he's not." Vio furrows his eyebrows.

"Blue hasn't looked so happy in a while, it's good that you let him keep Red's sword. Though, Princess Zelda and I will miss his pleasant visits during the nights she had it near her, and when I had it near me." Green smiled.

"...But I swear, it felt too real to be a dream."

Hidden from sight, another figure of Link smiled sadly to himself, letting out a small sniffle.

'I can't let you grieve for me twice.'

And with that, he left the castle, and he left Hyrule.