SEVENTEEN.

"Your eyes were like a constant warning sign, saying, "I wanna take you,"
and I didn't mind."

MARIE "ANGEL" GOMEZ's POV:

I AWAITED FOR THE HARSH BLOW, BUT IT NEVER CAME.

"I'll fucking kill you!" I heard Justin growl lowly, sounding more animalistic than human.

I opened my eyes hastily as I saw swift flashes of Justin yanking my body behind his protectively, once again; just in time before my fathers fist could strike me, and then proceeded to  lunge towards father in pure rage.

Rage that was all about to be directed solely onto my father.

"Justin, no! Stop!" I screeched loudly, watching as he grabbed the collar of my fathers buttoned-up shirt, the lined fabric began tightening around my fathers neck, causing his face to redden like a ripened cherry, as he attempted to push Justin off of him, a disgruntled groan leaving his mouth.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, huh? You almost hit your own fucking daughter, you sick mother fucker!" Justin snarled, his eyes completely crazed, so angry the veins on his neck were visible, as if they were popping out.

"Get the fuck off of me, Bieber!" My father coughed out, his voice sounding pained and raspier than I had ever heard it before, still struggling to get free from Justin's grasp.

Panicked and completely overwhelmed, I took quickened steps towards Justin, pulling on his arm to loosen his grip around my father.

"J, please, calm down! It was my fault, I stepped in front of you! Please don't hurt him," I exasperated pleadingly. This entire situation had completely spiraled out on control so quickly.

"He almost fucking hit you, and you're asking me not to calm down? I could fucking kill him right now!" Justin shouted, glowering at my father, those beautiful hazel eyes a darker shade.

When Justin was angry, it was such an abrupt change, like the seasons changing from summer to winter in only a matter of seconds; it was so hard for me to keep up with him at times.

But what a man he was; dangerously divine, scary.... beautiful, wild, all at the same time.

My man.

I wondered how someone could let loose the way Justin did, letting his inner wolf come out to play whenever someone pushed him over the edge. It frightened me to think that someone hurting me, or even almost hurting me, could make him snap like this, make him completely lose himself in rag.

Yet a warm, funny sensation intermixed in my lower stomach at the sight. How could someone be so attractive and frightening at the same time?

He was so strong, now holding my father by the throat, rather than just by the collar of his shirt, as if he could crush him at any moment. It almost shocked me, because my father was a rather large man, intimidating to most. But not to Justin; I was starting to think Justin found nobody intimidating, that he had no fear when it came to other people. I wondered what it would be like to live that way.

Now, of course, wasn't the time to bask in how attractive he was — but it was more than that. Knowing Justin cared that much about me, that if he felt like someone was going to hurt me, even my own father, he would rip them apart with his bare hands, letting nothing get in his way.

Including me, at the moment. Justin had brushed my hands off of him, his focus centered on my father, like a predator with his prey moments before he goes in for the kill — and somehow, I had to be the one to stop him.