Chapter 13

WheelJacks p.o.v

"Stop right there Megatron." With one optic open in pain I looked up to see Megatrons sword stop mid swing above my helm. "Optimus." He turned around to see Optimus there.
Our way to our racing spot was not the best route to take. Megatron had came from no where. He jumped Bulk and I. Bulkhead was unconscious. A wound on the side of his helm didn't look good at all. My wrist wiring was definitely torn. I watched as Megatron and Optimus battled it out. I was suddenly hit with a wave of tiredness. I had to hurry and comm Ratchet. "Ratchet...need bridge." I groaned when my wrist was moved. :.:WheelJack! Drift and Jazz are going through to assist.:.: all of a sudden the two came through a bridge behind me. I felt myself being lifted off the ground. "WheelJack?" I looked to the sound to see Drift, his face was full of concern. "M'fine. Jus need to s-sleep." I felt a shake, "no sleeping." I groaned and was brought through the bridge. "Ok, we have got to get Bulkhead."

"I'm coming with!" Crosshairs jumped over the screens and landed his front flip. "Good idea." They ran back through and I looked around to see the worried faces. I couldn't handle the pain. Sleep consumed me.

   Crosshairs p.o.v

     Bulkhead had a helm injury. "Oh Primus, he's probably in a coma." Jazz's fearful optics look to me. I was about to say something when a roar erupted from Optimus and Megatrons battle. We all looked over just in time to see the sword go through Optimus. His eyes were wide and Megatrons smile grew. We all had stopped. It had seem to go in slow motion but went right back to normal when he ripped it out of him and he hit the ground. The noises went through the canyon. The orange sand puffed up when he fell into it. "OPTIMUS!" Drift and Jazz had shouted in unison. "Well, I see I have succeeded. Now, to finish you all off."
     Bulkhead was groaning. Drift and Jazz didn't know what to do. So, they immediately put on their battle faces. "Protect Bulkhead and Optimus at all costs." Megatrons face curled into a smile as smooth as an asphalt road. "Immediate backup requested!" I shouted into our comm link.
IronHide was the only one to come through. He is the last bot we have. "IronHide and Crosshairs hold, warlord here, off." Drift ordered. IronHide nodded to me. I gave a swift nod back before we both went at Megatron. Once Drift and Jazz get both, Optimus and Bulkhead through, we are leaving.

Arcee's p.o.v

I felt helpless sitting on the sidelines. Bumblebee, Hot Rod, Smokescreen, and I were sitting against the wall on storage containers in the main room. We felt so helpless we had to watch to make sure everyone made it back to base.
Drift and Jazz came back through with Optimus. "The bleeding must stop on him Ratchet!" Jazz shouted with a hardened face. Both Jazz and Drift ran through to get Bulkhead. "Which one of you didn't break your arm," Ratchet shouted from the med bay. I was the first to answer, "I didn't!" Ratchet answered me quickly, "come here." I limped into the med bay to see the wounded Prime. "What happened?" Ratchet looked at Optimus, "by the looks of it I say Megatron had stabbed him." I nod, "seems accurate." He nods before hooking Optimus up to a spark monitor as he sticks an IV into Optimus' servos wrist next. The energon going through the line satisfyingly. "Keep this towel on his side." I place the towel I was given on Optimus' wound. "How is he?" Bumblebee asks from the entrance of the med bay. Smokescreen and Hot Rod hovering behind like a bunch of cyber dogs. "He should be just fine after I get his plating melted back together." Ratchet announced searching for his blowtorch. "Good."
     A minute later Crosshairs, Drift, and Jazz make it through the bridge and Smokescreen shuts it down. "Everybot is going to be okay." I rest assured the three. They relax at the statement. "Go to the wash racks. You all look like you were in a sand storm." They groan as they grump to the wash racks. "Mechs." I roll my optics. "Bulkhead has fallen into stasis lock, in human terms he's in a coma." Ratchet sighs. Thank Primus Miko isn't here. "For how long?" Bumblebee asks. "A week at most, possibly sooner. It's up to him to figure that out." Hot Rod speaks up this time, "How is WheelJack?" Ratchet rolls his optics, "just fine. I had to tweak a couple of wires back together and melt plating back into place but otherwise, he's fine." We all nod. "Jeez you wanna inquest my med bay next?" We smile.

     "Hi Jack." I smile as Crosshairs opens the doors for the kids. "How's the leg?" I shrug, "alright I suppose. Minimal pain." Miko smiles when she hops out, that's when I realize Crosshairs didn't tell them. "Guess what today is!" Mikos shouts fill the base. "Oh no," Jack groans as he slams the car door shut. "It's Friday the thirteenth!" Bumblebee eyes get big and his mask twists into a smile, "I've heard so much about that day! Conspiracy theories are Raf and I's favorites!" Raf nods, "they are really interesting although I do believe they are untrue." Raf walks up to the couch with his laptop in hands. "Besides, it's all over the Internet today. Many people talk about it, twenty four seven today." Bumblebee nods happily. The soreness of him written on his body. Same for Smokescreen except his is literally engraved in his side as a Decepticon symbol. "Where is Bulkhead and Jackie?" Miko asks a small frown forming. Jack looks around curiously, "Where is Optimus?" Raf looks up from his computer screen to join the curious faces. "That's what we needed to tell you all." Raf completely turns to look. Miko and Jack are standing with the most curious of faces. "WheelJack and Bulkhead decided today would be a great day to race for while. Suddenly Megatron comes from no where and takes down Bulkhead knocking him unconscious and breaking WheelJacks wrists." I let it sink in and the faces morph into fear for our friends. "Optimus was their for them. He was on his way to Agent Fowler when this happened. He found the pair and faced Megatron. It ended with him taking a stab to the side. Bravely, Crosshairs, Jazz, and Drift enter the ground bridge and drag the others through as Crosshairs faces Megatron. "Where are they now?" Miko asks, tears threatening to fall. "Med bay." I mumble. All the kids run into the med bay and we barely follow. Miko sniffs as she climbs on Bulkhead with the help of Smokescreen. "He's in stasis lock for at least a week," Smokescreen breaks it to her. She cries. We look down in pity. "Let's go." We all give Miko time to cry on her Wrecker. "Where's IronHide? He could have helped." Hot Rod asks. "He's already out at Agent Fowler's." I say. "I need to get off my peds. I'm heading to bed." Hot Rod says as he walks down the corridor. "Good idea." Smokescreen yawns. "Ratchet did tell me to stay off my peds a lot." I smile. "You coming to berth Bee?" He shakes his helm, "I'm gonna watch the kids. I don't want Ratchet throwing wrenches at them and Crosshairs teaching them how to wreck things." Crosshairs glared at him. "Jazz and Drift would do something like that." Bumblebee gives him a look, "fine, ya caught me, lucky you." I giggle, "Alrighty then. Don't get lost boys." I walk to my berth room to get some rest.

   Ratchet's p.o.v

     I stand next to Crosshairs and Bumblebee. "How's the brats taking it?" They both look at me with the 'how could you say that' face. "Oh come on I was only joking. Let the old boy joke." Crosshairs chuckles a bit and Bumblebee chuckles in buzzes. The buzzes go static for a minute and Bumblebee glares down and tries messing with the cables in his throat. "Hang on now, let me have a look." I say and he removes his servos. "Just a little piece of metal in your system." I pull it out and toss it to the big canned bin. "Good as new." He smiles and tries it out, "all good." He sighs and hits his bracelet. The wounds he has look worse on his human skin. "R-Ratchet can ya p-p-put me up there?" I nod and simply pick him up, gently, and set him on the catwalk. "There." He holds a thumbs up, "you're welcome." He lays down on the couch with his black socked toes wiggling. "So Crosshairs, today is the day you learn how to change the systems computer chips." Crosshairs groans.