Chapter 2

Hours passed by and Cordelia didn't seem to fall asleep at all. She was tired, oh how tired she was. But the blonde knew it was a kind of tiredness sleep wouldn't cure. Nothing could cure it. She locked her fingers with Misty's and held her lover's hand close to her own chest. The Cajun was sleeping peacefully for hours now and hadn't had a clue about her girlfriend's struggle. Cordelia watched her own chest going up and down while breathing, trying to rather focus on her calm breath instead of driving further into her deep thoughts.

Sleep deprivation, maybe even insomnia at this point, was nothing unfamiliar to the Supreme. Radiant health was one of the side effects of being the Supreme witch. Cordelia quickly noticed it was physical health they were talking about, otherwise she wouldn't feel how she feels right now. She was supposed to be happy, everyone expected her to be happy. In fact the blonde had every reason to be happy. She was the reigning Supreme of this Coven in its heyday, the academy accommodated more girls than ever, no more witch hunters, she had a loyal council, and she had her loving girlfriend, she even got her sight and fertility back. And still she was so unhappy. It was her past that haunted Cordelia.

The next morning, the blonde opened her eyes and gazed at the rays of sunshine lighting up their bedroom. It was nothing rare that she woke up before her alarm went off. For a few more minutes she was just laying on her bed, asking herself why she was doing all of this anymore.

Approximately one hour later the headmistress was ready for her daily morning gathering. She wore some black dress pants and a white blouse with lots of black butterflies on it. Today Cordelia decided to wear her hair in a simple but classy bun. She put some mascara and eyeliner on and decided she was almost ready for the day. The blonde looked at herself in the mirror and then turned around to look at her shelf with all her cosmetic products. The headmistress grabbed her perfume and put it on. She couldn't tell what exactly it smelled like but Misty had made it especially for her and she appreciated that. Now she really was ready for the gathering.

Leaving the bathroom she gazed at her still sleeping girlfriend. To be honest, Misty has not attended Cordelia's morning gatherings even once. She much rather slept a little while longer. Cordelia didn't mind though. The Cajun loved sleeping and the older witch loved watching her sleep.

She walked towards the bed and bent over. She stroked a strain of hair out of Misty's face and placed a soft kiss on her temple. Every time she looked at her lover she realised how lucky she was. Misty was all she had ever wished for. For a couple more seconds she just watched the curly blonde sleep until she grabbed her black heels and tip toed out of the room, barefooted. Cordelia carefully opened the big white door and slipped out of the room, closing the door again. She then put on her shoes and walked down the floor. Sometimes it really bothered the Supreme that the other girls of the academy had her rooms on this floor as well but she just had to bear with it. The house simply was too small for enough space. While she passed through the floor she sensed chattering inside the rooms. At this time of the day everyone was getting ready for the day. Well everyone but Misty. Cordelia walked downstairs, greeting one of her students now and then. It has been like this for months now but the blonde still hasn't got used to it. Every time she entered a room she got literally everyone's attention. Of course she liked the thought of being respected but she knew she wasn't. Although she was the Supreme after all, her students tended to forget that.

"Good morning, Cordelia," Zoe, who sat at the table, smiled. She was probably the most loyal witch to her in the house, right after Misty of course. The young girl respected her Supreme and she became a slight mother figure to her. Often when something was bothering Zoe she looked for comfort from Cordelia. And Cordelia felt good knowing that there was someone who thought about her like that. Queenie, on the contrary, barely talked privately to the headmistress, but everyone knew that she'd vouch for her.