Ten

10

"I was expecting that we'll hangout at the mall or somewhere else and not here in my kitchen, you baking cookies."

Nakapangalumbaba kong sabi kay Kaia, nandito siya ngayon sa bahay dahil sabi niya magha-hangout daw kami.

"We always go to the mall and I miss baking. Don't you miss my cookies?"

Sabi niya habang nagpe-prepare naman ng mixture for the cheesecake. Malapit na kasing maluto yung dark chocolate chip cookies niya.

"Well, it's unusual that you decided to just stay here at my house. I know that I'll end up eating all your baked goodies."

I told her while staring at her. She's gracefully mixing all the dry ingredients needed for the cheesecake.

"I will feel bad if you'll not eat any of these."

Naka-pout niyang sabi kaya napangiti ako. She's cute when she does that.

"Okay. What do you want to do after baking? Want to watch movies? Play boardgames or anything that you like?"

She met my gaze and she smiled at me before answering.

"Let's just cuddle all day."

Sabi niya habang nakangiti ng mapanukso kaya tinawanan ko lang siya.

"Har-har. You can't even stay in one place for an hour or two. Baka nga mamaya, mag-aya ka nang lumabas eh."

Sabi ko sa kanya at natawa kaming pareho.

"Invite your friends then. They were at the restaurant last Thursday, right? I saw you with them."

Tanong niya habang saglit na nag-angat ng tingin mula sa hinahalo.

"Why?"

I asked her. She's now mixing all the wet ingredients and that includes eggs, butter, milk, lemon juice and cream.

"I want to get to know them. Especially Saskia. I haven't formally met her."

She said while combining all the wet and dry ingredients.

"Wag na lang kaya?"

Sabi ko pero sinamaan lang niya ako ng tingin.

"Why not?"

"You might not get along?"

Tanong ko rin na nagpatawa sa kanya.

"That's why you're going to invite them here, silly. Let's order pizza too or anything that you like."

Sasagot na sana ako pero tumunog na yung oven at luto na yung dark chocolate chip cookies niya.

"Invite them over, B. Nakakasawa na yung company mo."

Nakangiti niyang sabi pero I just rolled my eyes.

"I'll order pizza and chicken wings first then I'll text them."

Sabi ko at tumawag na. Inilabas na rin ni Kaia yung cookies at ipanatong sa counter para palamigin. Sunod naman niyang isinalang yung cheesecake niya.

"I remember the last time that I baked, was when I got my first call for the Canadian Asian Fashion week."

Sabi niya at halata sa mukha yung saya habang naalala yung mga pinagdaanan niya noon.

"That was my first major fashion project ever. Since I started modeling, I was always on the runways, covers and ad campaigns only in Malaysia."

Sabi niya habang nililipat na yung cookies sa tray.

"You're living the dream now and I am happy for you."