Becca's POV

“Rebecca can you grab me that cord for the amp please?”

“Yeah, dad. Of course.”

I give my dad a smile before walking across the room to grab the cord. I bring it to him and he smiles.

“Thank you, dear.”

He kisses my forehead before running out of the room. I laugh a little and sit down on one of the couches in the dressing room. I turn on my iPod and pop my headphones in, turning on some Avenged Sevenfold to do some vocal warm ups. I know Avenged Sevenfold is a weird choice for a female to do vocal warm ups, but I find it helpful. It's easy to harmonize. After a few minutes my friend Toby, one of my fellow band mates, comes in the room.

“Becca! Did your dad tell you who we're going to be touring with next week for like six months?!”

“Uhm. No...”

“DUDE. You're gonna be psyched!”

He just runs out of the room and leaves me completely dumbfounded. I don't even KNOW what that was about. My band and I are touring around the country with my father's band Metallica. It's a very well known band loved by millions of people. My father was actually really awesome and let my band open up for them for every show on the tour. So far we've been getting a lot of positive feedback. See my band is a metal band and I do some screaming. It's half screaming half singing. Avenged Sevenfold is definitely one of the bands that inspired me to start this band and of course so was my father's band. My band mates are definitely all very talented. Toby, my friend that just came in, plays bass like really kick ass. My friend Mike plays drums epically, my friend Joey is a mean lead guitarist, and my friend Frank creates some amazing rhythms. I get up from the couch and go to see what my band members are up to. Toby's talking to Rob in one corner, Mike's chatting with Lars about the upcoming tour, Frank is chatting with my dad all starstruck. I don't understand why because we've been friends for over a year. He's new to the band because the last rhythm guitarist was my ex boyfriend, but something happened so I had to kick him out of the band. My father never liked him of course. All father's are like that though. I'm watching Frank and my dad when Joey comes over to me.

“Hey. You ready for the concert?”

“Yep! I was doing some vocal warm ups a little while ago. How much longer til we're on?”

“The guys are almost done setting up all the equipment and then we're on. So probably about ten minutes.”

“Awesome,” I smile. “I can't wait. What's this I hear about a new tour next week?”

“Huh? Oh I don't know? Where'd you hear that?”

“Toby. Asked me if my dad told me who we're touring with next week for about six months.”

“Oh. I have noooo idea what he is even talking about. He's probably out of his mind. You know how he gets.”

“That's true,” I laugh. “But hey. I'm gonna go get something to drink. Do you want anything?”

“Yeah a Bud Light would be sick.”

I roll my eyes.

“I hate that you've finally turned 21.”

“Oh shut up,” he laughs. “You were the same way when you turned 21.”