Pastels and Broken ~Angel~

Have you ever wanted to break down and cry so much that it physically hurts you to move? It's the pain I feel every day. The Torture and pain I'm put through. It's like going to hell and back. People's words hurt me the most. Not the punches nor choking I'm put through. People who aren't put through that mental pain don't understand that one word can hurt even more than a punch straight to the eye. Listening to the painful words of your own family, is like getting a stab to the heart.

I get a stab almost a million times a day. And that is not a exaggeration. The pain goes through one ear and never comes out. It's hatred. The tone of their voice and the disappointed looks on their faces. What did I do to deserve this? I just wanted to be who I am, I guess being who you are is looked down upon.

"Angel Ashton"I hear the yelling of my English teacher, Ms.Creigh, my head shoots up. I see everyone's eyes on me. Some snickering from the people. I want to put my head back down.

"Here" I quietly say. People start laughing and I simply get a eye roll from my cruel teacher.

"Attendance has been accounted for already Angel, I was simply trying to get you out of your trance." She says with annoyance and irritation in her voice. I shrink back into my chair. Wanting to disappear.

She continues with her lesson. While I go back to what I was doing before. Just doodling and sketching in my journal. Basically my life, every little thing in it. My doodles, sketches, drawings, ideas, poems, songs, etc... are in that book. I don't think I could live without it. It's the only thing to keep me sane.

When the bell finally rings and my teachers voice starts yelling at the running kids, it's my signal to leave. I head out the classroom with my head held low. Just staring at my shoes. My next period was Free period. I head to my locker, which was luckily across from this class.

I then am tripped. My books flying out of my arms and my behind hitting the hard floors. I look up and see Tyler, one of the jocks and one of my famous bullies. I freeze and just look at him.

"Like what you see, Fag." He smirks. I wince at the word. That word always had my world crashing. I simply shake my head and start gathering up my stuff again.

"So baby girl, who's slut have you been today?" I ignore him, trying not to whimper. I continue picking up my stuff. I hear a growl come from him.

"Answer my question Fag." He growls. I put my head down and just look at my peach colored binder.

My jaw is suddenly grabbed and my ribs feel as if they're collapsing. I grab my stomach in pain while being forced to look at him. The tears falling down my face, everything becoming blurry.

"Aw, is the little Fag crying?"I shake my head. I just wanted this to be over. I wanted him to let go and leave me in pain. His grip got tighter and eventually his nails pierced through my skin, blood dripping onto my mint green skirt.

"Hey Parkland, how about stop being a complete dick?" A new voice, that was yelling rang through my ears. I look to my left and see Hunter Ortiz.

My eyes widen. The new kid. Most importantly, the terrifying one? He's only been here for two weeks and has scared almost the whole city. He's probably just here to tell off Tyler, since they hate each other.

"Fuck off Ortiz, why do you care?" He yells back with a roll of his eyes. "I care because you should be picking on yourself not others."

Tyler scoffs, "But this is more fun" 
I whimper at that. I hear a growl and look up to see Hunter glaring at him, "You are one hell of a sadist"

"And you are one hell of a nightmare, you scare everyone. You're basically the devil incarnate" Tyler rants on about Hunter. I look back at him and see his eyes clouded over. His claws retract from my skin. My mouth opening to scream out a ear piercing scream but nothing comes out.

I then hear a slam against the locker. I turn around, it being hard because of my ribs. I see Hunter pinning Tyler to the locker cursing him out. Tyler finally backs down and Hunter releases him with a snarl escaping his lips.

He looks back to me and his eyes soften. He comes up to me and picks me up bridal style. My eyes widen at his sudden action. I don't know where he's taking me and I really don't care. As long as this pain ends. I manage to fall asleep in his arms. The pain still not that bearable.

When I wake up I'm in a bed. I knew immediately this isn't my room because it's too dark for my liking. It was surrounded in black, gray, and white with band posters everywhere. Though there is something that stands out, a pastel pink teddy bear.

"Finally awake Princess?" A voice says. I turn around and see Hunter standing by the door frame with his arms crossed. I blush at the nickname. Why Princess?

"I guess. Where am I exactly?" I question him. His smile turns into a smirk. "You princess are in me casa."

I give him a small smile. This was all so confusing and frustrating. Why was he being nice to me?

"Why am I at your house?" I ask him quietly

"Tyler was bullying you and you sort of passed out. Originally I was going to take you to the nurse but then again you passed out." He explains. All I can do is nod.

"Thank you, Hunter. But I believe I should be leaving." I say nicely. I'm trying to stay on his good side.

"Okay, I'll walk you out. You sure you're okay?" He asks

I look at him and nod. He smiles and I follow him downstairs and he hands me my backpack. I look at him confused.

"How did you get this?" I ask him.

"Your friend, Cass, knew the combination and opened your locker so I packed your stuff." He says briefly.

I nod and say bye. I walked out the house. Thankfully I knew where this was and how far my house was. It wasn't far at all of course. Cass or Cassiopeia her real name, was certainly not my friend. Well we used to be somewhat close and she needed to use my locker but we were never really friends.

I open my backpack looking for my journal and it was thankfully in there. I would be scared if it falled into anyone's hands. I have drawings that some people don't need to see. I like drawing people and I mean everyone, not just people I'm interested in. Some pictures are very inappropriate though. I already get bullied enough. I do not need that.

I walk into my house that I would never call home. It seemed as empty but I knew it wasn't. My sister and brother probably just in their rooms. While my mom is probably in her office along with my father being in his. I had to get to my room before they saw me and the brusies.

I went into my room feeling like sobbing. I go into the bathroom and cover up my bruises in either bandages or foundation. My sister's foundation, I don't wear makeup.

It's hard everyday. I hate my life and myself. My life is so torn down I feel if one more thing happens I'll break and shatter, again. It sounds dramatic I know but It's honestly the truth. I feel so fragile, it's a scary and terrible feeling.