One letter to Michael

Dear Michael,

I know you'll never see this, but it gives me someone to talk to which is comforting.

I love you. I love the way you sing, the way you say certain words, your little laugh, your perfect green eyes, your hair, the way you talk, the way you walk, how you pay attention and care about your fans, your earrings, your tattoos, your accent, your love for gaming, the way you aren't afraid to express your anger and feelings, when you swear. I love how sweet and caring you are, how your eyes twinkle when you see the fans.

I spend hours staying up at night just lying there wishing I could meet you, what I would say, what I would do until I fell asleep. Although in reality, I'd probably just stand there, having my mouth wide open just sobbing uncontrollably, unable to express myself. You know why? 'Cause I'm an idiot. The other girls would probably batt their eyelashes at you or flip their hair over their shoulder, making you instantly fall in love with them.

Sometimes, when I'm feeling sad, I'd turn on Heartbreak Girl on full volume while scrolling through all your old tweets, making me giggle and forget why I was sad. Making me feel so much better. It's funny how a song can change someone's mood so drastically. Your songs make me feel alive, they make me want to stay alive.

Well you're never going to read this, but I already wrote it so I might as well send it, right?

Anyway, Alyssa is calling me down for dinner so I have to stop writing.

Love,

Jordan

Michael put the letter down, confused yet touched.

There was a date on the back that read: 12th February, 2013. A little over a year ago. That's weird, why didn't it get here sooner, michael wondered. It had come attached to 18 other letters loosely hanging by a rubber band. He also wondered how it had gotten to the hotel.

While he read the letter, something made him feel warm inside. Michael loved getting fanmail like this, he got loads of them but this one stood out amongst the others.

He looked at the other letters, each sealed with the same first class stamp and in the same envelope. All stained with the slightly scruffy penmanship of Jordan. He had by chance picked up the first letter.

'Michael?' Ashton said, making him jump. Ashton was standing in Michael's hotel room, looking at the white envelopes scattered across the floor. 'Our bus is here, we gotta go to the stadium'

'Sure, I'll be there in a minute.' Michael replied.

Ashton strode off out of Michael's room.

Michael sighed, why did he jump like that? He was only reading fanmail, there's no wrong in that.

Michael wanted the letters to be safe, where no one could find them. Jordan had spilled out all her emotions on these letters, he felt as though these were their little secret. He slipped them into the hotel's drawer next to his bed. It wasn't to secure, but it was the closest to somewhere safe.