Chapter 3 ~ Why...?

It's been a few months...

Months of happiness, sadness and hormones.

I am now five months pregnant. I haven't been able to go on jobs, I've been too scared of accidently killing the baby. Natsu is being way too nice, he has been going on missions for me.

Natsu asked Lisana out yesterday... I don't know if I should be happy for them or sad for me. Of course I love Natsu.
He always saves me, but I guess if he is happy I am too?

It gets better I hear. He just might not have been the one for me. He loves Lisana and she loves him.

It is probably just selfish of me.

I need to go the guild and tell Natsu that he doesn't need to do jobs for me anymore. I got a job at a very small magazine place! I write 3-5 small stories that some fans submitted.

"Hey Natsu!" He looks at me and smiles. "I got a job so you don't have to keep going on missions for me."

"Are you sure that's ok? I mean you have two people to take care of and... haaah, if that's what you want." He looks worried, that's new. "Oh. And don't you have something else to say to me?"

"What? Oh! You mean how you finally got the courage to ask Lisana out after half a year of panicking over it with me? Yeah. Congratulations! But I never would have thought that you would've gotten a lover before me!"

"You just made me sound so uncool! Hey, do you still not have a single lead on who that guy was?" I shook my head. He really needs to stop worrying about me, it gives me false hope.

"Oh would you look at the time. I need to go to work! Bye everybody!" After that I heard a series of stuff like 'bye lucy-chan' 'bye lu' and 'see you!'s.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

"I'm here!" I yell.

"Welcome, Lucy, right? I'll show you to your area."

I nod. Maybe this isn't going to be so bad.
________________________________________________________________________________________

"Finally home." I sigh.

When I got into bed my side came in contact with a certain someone else's side.

"Natsu? Why are you here?"

"'cause I wanted to see you! I haven't seen you all day! It was lonely..." He replied like nothing happened.

"Listen Natsu if you want to see me you have to wait until the next day. You can't come here anymore. What if Lisana got the wrong idea? I mean, you ARE her boyfriend now, right?" I said. This was serious. If she got the wrong idea she might hate me or dump him. And we wouldn't want Natsu to be sad now would we?

"FINE! But we need to have a serious talk tomorrow!" And he left through the window again...

...
...
...
...
...
...
...
..
..
..
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Why? Why did things turn out this way?!

I didn't need this. I wanted a happy family now they won't even have a father figure...

No
No
No, you can't cry Lucy! You need to be strong, for him, for them...