Chapter 6: Sweet Dreams

Who am I asking? No one can beat me when it comes to this. I must've not met my prince back in my world if it wasn't for my innate skills when it comes to sneaking out of the palace. I smiled on my own as I silently moved to my double's room to prepare myself.

I put on some clothes that they made me try earlier. I personally don't like these short dresses and high heels so I ended up changing into a pair of sweatpants, a plain shirt, and rubber shoes.

If not for Songyi unnie's unending lectures of these new things, I would've been calling all these kind of designs simply as 'clothes that you wear'.

I tied my hair and hid myself in a hooded jacket. I then checked myself in the mirror one last time, before I moved to the desk where Chani left her phone. I slipped it in my pocket together with the piece of paper containing the meeting details, I then proceeded to one corner of the room where an open window was.

The cold brush of air eventually greeted me as I quietly slithered out of the opening. As my feet landed on the ground, I ducked my way out of the compound, avoiding the glass windows around the apartment.

When I reached the dark alleys, I stopped and crunched down to one corner, fishing the phone out my pocket to try my luck in what they say was calling a person on line.

I obviously don't know how to get back to that huge building so I have no choice but to ask help to the person who have reckoned me.

My eyes squinted in focus as I started to type each number. The first, second, third, until I'm down to the last two digits, I suddenly dropped the phone in shock when I felt someone peeking above me.

The place was dark enough for me to see the person clearly when I turned up. But because of the familiar chuckle that he made after the loud gasp that escaped my throat, I then knew exactly who he is. And I was caught up when he looked back at me. His smile faded and was replaced with a glint of wonder.

He leaned by the wall, tilting his head at me. "What? You think you saw a ghost?" He laughed.

I turned away and wobbly picked the phone on the ground. I staggered to push it back in my pocket as I straightened back to face him. But now, I was rather afraid to meet his gaze that seemed to be searing and fiery.

But then, he suddenly offered his hand in front of me. "Kaja?" He smiled, not the usual devious way he always does. Now, it looks so sincere, so reverent and unfeigned that I thought I was facing my real prince.

Without knowing, my hand went to reach for his. He smiled and held my hand securely as he led me out to the streets.

All the time, I was staring at him on his back. Drawing in how his ivory black hair covered his nape, just the same as my prince. Even the way he held my hand makes me remember how Lee Shin used to do it.

He turns at me to flash me an innocent grin. The cold breeze blowing his strands of silky hair as he walked me to the long streets.

"You missed me?" He asked, bouncing his eyebrows mischievously. I found myself smiling, the first smile that have broke my rather stiff expression every time I'm with him.

He smiled with me, taking that as a yes, he suddenly paused and turned to face me. He held both of my hands on my sides and he began to lean closer, gradually, his face softens as he closes his eyes.

There was no urge for me to protest so my eyes began to flutter close together with the smooth brush of air that closes in between us. I waited for the touch of his lips. It must have been just centimeters now, or even closer? I could feel my heart pounding real hard as I waited...

"Mihaaaaan~" I winced while nearly tumbling down the chair when I jumped in surprise.

My eyes hurt as I tried to peek through my still heavy eyelids. Finding Songyi leaning next to me, I figured out she have yelled painfully in my ear, thus waking me up from my sweet dream. I figured out how I was seriously tired and exhausted that I managed to sleep in an uncomfortable position.

"Unnie..." I groaned, sinking back to my arms that was dispersed on the wooden table, trying to get back to sleep.

"What were you dreaming? I bet it's quite interesting." She nudged her elbow at me with a prying look on her face.

I suddenly sat up in panic. "Wha-what, did I said something in my sleep? What did I do?"

The way my voice raced made her laugh, making me conclude that she have most likely recovered from her distress earlier that she could already laugh it off now.

She didn't answered my questions, instead, she just bounces away. "Prepare yourself, we're gonna attend a meeting at SM." She said before she disappears.

I was left wide eyed. I glanced at the clock-exactly 8pm.

I buried my crunched up face on my hands, remembering the plot of my dream, I was breathing desperately in uneasiness. What have exactly gone into me that I had that kind of dream?