I⃣N⃣T⃣R⃣O⃣D⃣U⃣C⃣T⃣I⃣O⃣N⃣

It is just at the brim of sunset, when there is a knock at Kasper Wills' door.

"K. Wills, you have been summoned by the king."
"What? I have?"
"Yeah."
"Oh... uh, hold up."
Kasper opens his door, and sees a friend and fellow guard, C. Watson. Also known as Carl.
"How come?"
"I dunno! Maybe you ought to go find out."
"Yeah, I am! I just gotta grab a few things."
"C'mon."
"He sent you as an escort? Must be of some importance.."

The men reach a small library at the edge of the castle- or big stone mansion with a flag on top, as the princess would describe it- and found the king waiting.

"Well, took you long enough!", he said, with a laugh.
"I apologize-"
The king cuts Kasper off.
"No need, let us get right to the point. Watson, dismissed."
"Yessir."

"I'm sure you are very close to your family?"
Kasper hesitated- what could this be about? "Yes."
"Then I'm sure you would understand the length one would go to keep his family safe."
Kasper nodded. A quick, short nod.
"I do understand, Wills, that you are much more used to the organization of military forces, and defense. I must say, you are absolutely one of my most highly respected men."
"Thank you."
"And you are absolutely one of the best.."
The king paused. He had always been a kind and generous ruler, but upon knowing him personally, Kasper had found that he was also quite one for drama.
"And that is exactly why I would want you to be a personal guard for Princess Adeline."

Oh.

"You see," the king continued, "she is going off on her own so much more now, and it worries me quite a lot."
"Of course."
Right. Princess Adeline Morrel. Known to prefer her nickname, Princess Lana.
"Of course, during a time of action, you would immediately take up your place in the military, but with the calmness of the kingdom right now, I find that it would be safe for you to have a separate duty."
"Yes."

"I have no doubt that you will keep her safe, and out of any trouble."
"Of course"
"You are dismissed. Ah and- I expect you to report to her quarters every now and then. Keep tabs of where she is in the castle, and accompany her on any trips outside the castle grounds."
Kasper bowed- a quick, short bow- and left.