ⓐⓓⓥⓔⓝⓣⓤⓡⓔ ~2~

It was barely the next day when Kasper and his men were packing to continue their journey to the crystal. Kasper went to wake up Princess Lana. It took a few minutes before she came to consciousness.

"Who- wha- Kasper?"
"Wake up, time to go."
"What? Wake up? Now? But... it's nighttime."

Kasper didn't wait. He picked her up and set her on his horse. The tent was packed, and the sheets were folded and tucked into the saddle bags.

It had been a while before the princess was really awake. They had already passed the lighter of the woods, and the trees became more dense.

Kasper, leading the mare through the thorns, slowed down.

"You are headed to the crystal?"
Kasper only nodded.
"Don't be so mad at me! I only wanted to come along!"
No response.
Adeline groaned. She hadn't had any breakfast.
"Can you at least talk?"
"Do you realize princess, that by coming along, you are putting your life in the hands of the unmerciful woods surrounding Loralil?"
"Huh?"
"Remember when you asked me why you couldn't come?"
"Yes."
"And I said danger."
"Yes..."
"You have no idea what lies in the forests. Even I don't."

Lana gulped. She felt guilty for following them. She was also a bit scared. For every angle she turned, there would be a gloom. A symbol of danger and darkness seeping through the fabric shield separating Loralil from the First Realm.

It had been wrong to come along, and now it was too late for her to just go home.