ⓐⓓⓥⓔⓝⓣⓤⓡⓔ

The princess watched as Kasper and 4 other men left the castle grounds. As they disappeared over the hills, she turned from the window.

He had told her to stay, sure. But danger? What kind of danger?
After all, she could simply follow them to the edge of the woods, then she'd turn back.
She'd hardly ever left the town.

-

On horseback, Kasper led the men through the hills, passing glooms every now and then. They appeared more often as they neared the woods. In the shadows and corners and hills, the strongest and largest would hang, swirling and warping around themselves.

The fear that something had happened to the crystal followed Kasper and his few men. But as they found out later, it wasn't the only thing following along.

The men were just setting up camp when they heard a noise- a muffled yell, coming from where they had come.
Kasper went to investigate.

There, lying on the forest floor was Adeline. Rocking back and forth, clutching her side.

-

"DO YOU REALIZE THAT SOMETHING COULD HAVE HAPPENED TO YOU?"
"Something did happen- can you stop dragging me?"
"Why? Why did you do something this STUPID?"
"I- ow!"
"Come on, let's get you to the camp."
Kasper picked her up, and carried her back.

"What- how did the Princess get here?"
"Why don't you ask her." Kasper grumbled. He set her down in the leaves and lifted the side of her shirt. A large, purple bruise was starting to show, and the princess flinched when he touched it.

Kasper just sighed, and started a fire. She would heal herself, after all. She was a healing elf, or her bloodline was. She had enough strength in her magic to heal the men who had traveled with him- twice. She'd be fine.

Kasper on the other hand, was furious. Now, instead of just needing to make sure a 3 or so men make it home safe, he needed to babysit an untrained, young princess. 

That night, the men set up the tents, and went to sleep. The princess was already asleep by the fire. Kasper grunted as he picked her up, and carried her to his tent. He lied her down gently, and checked her side. Still halfway bruised.

She must've been to tired to heal it completely.

He pulled a sheet over her and joined R. Henson by the fire to keep watch.