My best friend loves me? Since when have I gotten so dumb? Chap. 7

sorry i took so long. i just got back and had some issues with the heat yesterday. Sorry its kinda short

hope you like the chap.

vote and comment please

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter VII

Shea

Moving in sucks. You have to take all the boxes out of the truck and into the right rooms and then after that hassle is done then you have to organize everything. It took us 3 hours to get everything in and to the right rooms. I started to hang my clothes and arrange some of the furniture. Tonight I will be sleeping on my futon. After that mom wanted help putting the kitchen things away while dad worked on the bathroom and that took another hour to do. We were all finally taking a break when dad stands up and faces me.

"Sweetie I know we just moved in and that is a big hassle," he starts, "and I want you to be comfortable but I thought it would be nice if we took you to dinner." I squeal as I jump up and hug my dad. I'm so happy he said this; I love to eat out especially if it is a fancy place.

"Oh daddy thank you thank you thank you!"

"Now this is a nice place so I want you to dress up is that understood?" He asks sternly but I know he is playing with me.

"I was waiting for you to say that." I smile all the way up to my room as I look for my favorite clothes.

I wear an off white sleeveless dress that comes to my knees. The top is silk while the bottom flows with sparkles. Every time I move I shine. My shoes are white strappy heels and I apply some light make-up after I scrunch my shoulder length hair into tight curls. I look at my hand held mirror and I know I look beautiful.

On the car ride to the restaurant I'm so giddy. I don't know if it's because of it being my first night here or because I have a reason to dress up.

When we get there the place is extravagant. There is even a fountain in the middle of the place! The table that we are going to already has someone there. He is about my age maybe a year or two older than me. He has piercing green eyes like mine but he has short blonde hair. He also has some nice muscles.

"Jeremy so nice of you to make it. Wow it's been to long since I last saw you. How is your mother doing?" My dad seems to know him. Jeremy has a smile on his face so I guess his mom was a friend of my dad's. What is he doing here though?

"Well she uh actually died a few weeks back."

"I'm so sorry. How are you holding up? Do you have a place to stay at?" My dad is always concerned for his friends and watches out for their kids sometimes so this does not surprise me. "Pardon me for being so rude. Why don't we all sit down? Jeremy you remember my wife and this is my daughter Shea." I smile sweetly at Jeremy as he gives my dad a questioning look.

That is when the waiter comes to take our order. My dad had a hamburger while my mom had some fish. Me and Jeremy both had steak. While we eat everyone seems to be savoring the food but we still make some small talk.

"Jeremy you never did answer my question. Do you have somewhere to stay at?" my father asks him.

"Actually no I don't. I have been staying at some friend's houses and since I am still 16 social services can still take me away." I can hear the sadness in his voice and I feel sorry for him.

"You can always stay with us Jer you know that." What!? Has my dad completely lost it? I feel sorry for the kid yea but he can't stay with us.

"Thanks that would be great. Well onto a happier note, you have a daughter?" he asks dad but before he speaks I introduce myself a little more.

"Yea I'm Shea. Nice to meet you," I say still a little shocked at my dad as I shake his hand across the table, "so how do you know my dad?"

"I'm his son." He states plainly.