Missing

A group of men along with Negan went out this morning to move some supplies around. Either that or they were bringing more. Allie didn't care either way. She was told to stay put like usual as both Simon and Dwight left along with them. She was stuck with the awkward Eugene – lucky her.

She needed to get out of the Sanctuary for a bit though. If these walls could talk, they'd say they've seen too much violence and doubts. As much as Eugene could use something to preoccupy himself beside making their bullets, Allie didn't have enough faith in the man to watch over Annalise. He was still a bit skittish and a baby's cry would make him cringe. So she did what she had to and took her with her.

The place was unbearably quiet, almost eerie actually. It was as if the place was left abandoned like its former self, which it was in its last life. The Sanctuary was originally a factory, not much is known of what kind but many speculate something in the canning industry. Allie hasn't been around long enough to know what it felt like to walk into a rotting place, forgotten by time that echoed words of years gone by. Only Negan really would know what this place once was in its vibrant time but maybe not. It is probably in its best shape though now than it was twenty maybe even fifty years ago.

While on their run, Allie had managed to grab a baby carrier which was perfect for when she didn't want to carry Annalise free handed. She gurgled once she was slide inside, glancing up at her with a wide grin. Allie smiled back. "Glad you like it. More comfortable for me."

She had to readjust one her holster belts however to make it fit well. Now she had a tilted one like Simon did. The man didn't have hips like her though, making it not so easy. She grabbed a few more things before head out. The guard at the door turned smug towards the sight of them.

"Aw ain't you cute in that? Now you can go places." He said to Annalise, booping her nose. She giggled.

"Better for me than just carry her around." Allie replied.

The guard chuckled. "Guess your right."

"Mind if we take a stroll for a bit?"

The guard gestured out. "Be my guest. Sure she'd like some fresh air too. Would stay in the boundaries though so we've got eyes on y'all."

"Thanks. I'm sure I could handle it though." She replied, look back.

"Not with her against you like that. You'd have to aim just right. Wasn't saying you can't handle yourself." The guard smirked with embarrassment. "You are one of our best shots."

Allie shrugged. "Guess you are right in a sense. I'll be careful. Thanks again." She begun to wander off, exiting through the gate.

The dead along the fence stared intensely towards them. The squirming little pile of new meat enticed them as they snarled and growled towards the two. Annalise was curious yet afraid. She wasn't sure what these things were or what they wanted. They looked like everyone else but meaner. They also smelled funny.

"These are what you avoid, sweetie." Allie said, pointing towards them. She said it as if she'd understand but of course she wouldn't. "When you're older, we'll make sure you can defend yourself from them."

The sound of rushing tires caught their attention. Allie turned to find the brigade back, Simon's van leading the way. But Negan's Charger was no where to be found. The fact he wasn't in line made her worry. She approached Simon's van once he parked, a stoke of worry upon his face.

"What happened?" She asked him as he stroked Annalise's head.

"Rick is what happened. He and Negan went mono to mono through the city streets." Dwight hopped out after him, joining them.

"We found his Charger a few miles away later, completely flipped. He wasn't inside." Dwight added, an unreadable expression upon his face.

"What does that mean? He's dead?" Allie asked.

"Not necessarily." Simon replied instantly, sending a glance over to Dwight. They must of shared some information or something among themselves. Wasn't the usual shared look. "All we can really do is keep moving forward." Simon said optimistically. "Negan would want us to do that."

Dwight nodded. "He's right. We can't just let our guard down now."

Allie wasn't sure if this meant she was co-leader or what now. Simon was next in line when it came to the leader scale. Dwight would be after him, if something was to happen. It may be temporary of course, unless Negan was really actually dead. They may not know for days from now or weeks, but either way people would follow. Who knows what would happen next. Only time would tell.