chapter 1 Mickey

One cold spring day in Dayton, Ohio I was walking outside with my best friend from Fall creek middle back in Indiana whose name was Murna we were walking to this bar called Dublin Pub and this is where her friend named Hollis Palmer who is a bartender there and one of my friends that I had known with Murna in middle school named Mable wanted to meet and catch up little did I know my life was going to be changed forever after this day. So Murna and I find Mable sitting at a table in a booth in a corner of the bar. We walk over to her and join her at the table. We sit there for a little while and catch up on everything when Murna's friend Hollis shows up and walks over to join us. I sit there and blush as this tall, alternative, medium built guy with a chiseled jawline, lots of tattoos and piercings, jaw length black hair and these devilishly handsome cool grey eyes walks up and joins with our friend. 

Next thing I know Murna is looking at me and she says " So this is my pal Hollis we met a while ago at a friends party and thought the two of you should meet and get to know each other". I say "Salutations Hollis my name is Mickey" he then says " why hello to you Mickey but you don't have to be  formal with me". As he and I are getting to know each other I notice that he has this aura that just makes me want to chat with him forever. Then unwantedly our conversation gets interrupted by the waiter who asks us what we want to order so I order my normal which is a Stella Artois and fish'n chips, Murna orders hells bells vodka pasta and scotch, Mable orders the spicy angry Irish man burger and Bushmills Irish whiskey, and then finally Hollis orders a slow roasted prime rib and a Stella Artois as well. 

Then as we finish our meal and catching up and me meeting him this dreamy guy that my friend had hid from me till now! We pay for our meal and start to walk out when next thing I know this dreamy man that I had only just met brings me to a room where it is just us and then says "here is my number"  while he hands me a napkin with his number on it. Then he told me to call him once I got home so he could know that I was ok. I honestly i think he likes me already but I am not sure. So I message him when I get back to the house that is right near Rally's. Then he finally responds back and says "will you meet me tomorrow after work at the Submarine House?" I reply " yes,but is it a date or is it just to continue to  get to know each other or what??". Then he replies back with in a few seconds and says " if it was would you not come then??" next I message back "no it would not bother me but I am kind of hoping it is a date". He finally replies "then I shall see you tomorrow". 

So I finally get ready for bed in my normal pajamas and try to go to sleep... however I can't I just keep seeing him and I am so anxious for tomorrow but whilst I was worrying away I somehow managed to fall asleep. Then I woke up by my alarm going off at 5 o'clock so then i get up and get ready for work but once i am done and start heading to work my phone goes off and my heart races and i feel so light when i think of him messaging me. Then i finally decide to check my phone and it is him he texted me the time to meet him which was noon which would so happen to be my lunch hour. So finally we get to my lunch break and I meet him at the Submarine House which is only a short walk from the pawn shop I work at. So I go in and look around for him and I spot him again in the corner of the restaurant. I walk over to the table and then take my seat. Then he finally looks up when I say " hey Hollis" and he replies with a sexy "hello". 

Then I ask him "so why did you ask me to join you here for this date??"  because I don't know how much longer I can withhold my curiosity. He then replies " well I have a proposal for you kind of like a business arrangement and I was thinking last night as we were talking that you would be a perfect fit for you." Then I reply kind of weakly " yes". Then he hands me a contract that he says will be the job of my dreams since I wanted this meeting to be a date so badly. In the contract he handed me he proposes that I work for him as a maid if I accept the position then I get a free room in his home and i get to see him everyday! He then looks at me while I finish reading the business proposal and then asks kind of sternly " does this sound appealing to you and your dreams or hopes?" I look at him with a straight joyous face and ask "where do I sign?? I will write the 2 week notice letter for my current employer and call my landlord and tell him that I am moving out of the house!". He shows me where to sign and then says matter of factly"I thought that you would enjoy this offer I proposed and have already let them know before you even signed the contract"

Now after the "date/ business meeting" is done I start my walk towards the pawn shop to finish my shift and then I head to my last home so I can start packing and then when I arrive i notice something quite peculiar. There is a moving van at my house and my lights are on. Next I finally decide to walk up to the house and open the door and I have a wonderful surprise waiting for me on the couch.