Chapter III:

Almost two weeks have passed and since then I haven't seen Alexander anywhere. It's either he stopped going to school or he was just avoiding me. I'm guessing it is the latter.

In that span of time I found myself wanting and needing him more and more with each passing day. I know I have no right to feel like this because I practically rejected him and repeatedly stepped on his heart a couple of times now, but I just can't help myself from feeling this way.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by a burning feeling that errupted inside of me. It started in my stomach, but instantly scattered throughout my body like a wildfire. I curled up on my bed, cradling my body, as I tried to ease the pain away. I tried calling to my wolf to ask what was happening, but she didn't answer me.

I got out of my bed and went to my bathroom. I positioned myself under the shower and turned on the water. I allowed myself to get drenched by the cold water, thinking that this may chase the pain away, but to no avail.

I lay down on the cold tiled floor of my bathroom and curled into a ball once again. I closed my eyes tightly and tried to feel my wolf.

Her whimpers were so faint that I could barely hear it, but what she was repeatedly muttering didn't escape my ears.

Mate.

Why didn't notice it before? This pain was the same painful feeling I felt when he was making out with Jessica. Sure, it is much much more painful now that it did before, but I'm a hundred percent sure that they were the same. I've hurt him, so now he's taking his revenge and rubbed it in my face.

"I-I'm s-so s-s-sorry, Skyla. Y-You didn't n-need to f-feel t-this.", I whispered out, my words almost inaudible, but I'm sure she still heard it.

Mate. And there it was again. The pain grew and it felt like my whole body was being burned while a hundred gunmen were shooting at me.

I slapped my hands on my mouth to stop my screams from escaping. I don't want my family to get tangled with this hellhole I've dug myself into.

A tear escaped my eyes. Then another. And another, until rivers of tears escaped my eyes.

"Please, make it stop. Make it stop. Please.", I continued muttering to nothing and no one in particular, until the pain started to subside and I felt myself slowly drifting off to sleep because of exhaustion.

Mate.

I woke up with a sharp pain hammering against my skull. Werewolves may not get sick, but we are still subject to these kinds of pain.

I sat up and was surprised to feel the soft mattress underneath my touch instead of the hard floor of my bathroom.

I left my room and went straight to the kitchen where my mom was busy baking cookies.

She looked up and smiled at me. "How're you, dear?"

"I'm feeling better, thanks. What happened?"

"Well, I called you a couple of hours ago for breakfast, but you didn't answer, so I went to your room to check up on you. When I got there you weren't on your bed, so I looked around and found you curled up on your bathroom floor. What were you doing there anyway?" At that, memories of last night flashed into my mind and I felt a dull pang in my heart.

"N-Nothing. Maybe I was sleepwalking and wasn't able to go back to my bed." My mom thankfully believed my alibi and I silently sighed in relief, as I don't want to talk about what happened any longer.

"So, do you still plan on going to school?"

"I think I'll pass. I'm not really feeling well."