Chapter II: Mine!

A couple of days have passed since my encounter with Alexander. I never told anyone about him. During those days, I felt myself drifting farther and farther away from Jack. His kisses no longer made me breathless like they did before. His touches only made my muscles tense.

Skyla, my wolf, stopped talking to me after what I did on that day. I can still feel her inside me, curled up into a ball, but she no longer acknowledged me.

Why did you do that? You rejected him. You rejected our mate and now he is heartbroken. She reprimanded me on that day, after I finally stopped running.

"I did not reject him. I didn't say the words."

You practically rejected him when you ran away from him. Did you see how hurt he was?

After that, all I could hear were her whimpers of sadness of being away from her mate. Even until now she still refused to talk to me and just kept to herself.

I'd like to say that she was being inconsiderate because I am heartbroken too, but I know that this is all my fault. It also pains me to think that I can't be with my mate right now because of my relationship with Jack. I am torn between not hurting Jack's feelings and being with my mate.

As for Alexander, I have been feeling him watching me, but the moment I turn to look at him he just gives me a pained expression and looks away.

Mate. Skyla cried out.

Her voice pulled me out of my thoughts. I felt happy at hearing her talk to me again, even when it was just one, pained word.

I am currently sitting alone on the corner of the topmost gym bleacher, during lunch, as I thought of the things that have happened since that day.

"Skyla, I 'm so sorry for making you feel like this. I know you're hurt, I feel it too, but please understand that I can't be with our mate right now because I don't want to hurt Jack's feelings."

I know. I'm sorry too for leaving you alone for these past few days. I smiled that she finally decided to talk to me.

"It's okay. I understand." At that, I knew that my wolf and I are finally fine.

The silence that settled over us was only broken when I heard my mate's name.

I turned to look where it came from and saw that it was from the school slut, Jessica Hills. She was flirting with Alexander, who just came out of the changing room.

In just a second, I felt my body boil to the limit. Images of her lifeless body, her neck broken under my grip, flashed through my head and I knew that right at that instant my wolf wanted to take over and do just that.

I gulped huge amounts of air as I did my best to control my wolf. I don't have the slightest right to feel this. I was the one to turn him down first by walking away. I don't deserve him.

I tried my best not to reach their radar by pushing my body further into the corner and hoped that they won't notice me. I shut my mouth and tried my very best to be invisible as I listened to their conversation.

"Heyy, Francis. Care to join me for lunch?", she said with her squeeky voice and I could almost imagine her twirl her red locks, flutter her eyelashes, and pout her glossy lips.

I made an annoyed face and slapped my hand on my mouth before a scowl could escape my lips.

"Sorry, Jessica, but I already have plans for this lunch." I smiled at this.

"Then how about this afternoon, after classes?" I rolled my eyes at this. How desperate can she be?

"I've got some things to do."