CHAPTER THREE (edited)

Edited: February 6th

A sigh left your mouth as your head flopped down on the counter of your kitchen. You groaned as it did, as it kind of hurt.

You rubbed your forehead and fished your phone out of your pocket, scrolling through your contacts until your thumb landed on Touka's. Pressing on the hot-bar, you began typing.

You
I'm having a crisis, can I come over to the Café?

You placed your phone on the counter, screen down, as you waited for a reply, as you guessed she was probably busy working.

You held your head in your hands and sighed, gripping your hair. Your mind had been going a mile a minute, especially ever since you had gotten the job at the CCG, which was almost a week ago.

You rubbed your temples, looking up when you heard a pinging noise come from your phone.

Touka😍
Sure thing, we're not that busy today

You stood up, putting your phone in the pocket of your pants before grabbing your bag and heading out.

It was rather late, maybe early evening, as you walked through the 1st Ward. You stopped in the middle of a bridge, looking at the cars that drove below you.

You lowered your gaze, letting out a sigh, as you continued walking.

~~~

You passed by a few shops on your walk, one that really caught your attention was one selling anime stuff, you stood Infront of the display window, looking at what they offered.

Suddenly, you felt a tap on your shoulder, making you jump and let out a very girly squeal.

Your heart pounded erratically in your chest as you looked at who tapped you. Spotting a familiar, curly mop of black and white hair.

Your breathing slowed as you calmed down, taking a deep breath as you smiled at Haise.

"Sasaki, hey!" You said, patting your hands against your thighs.

Haise gave you a soft smile. It was then you noticed the two people standing behind him, who you recognized as Mutsuki and Shirazu.

Mutsuki rolled their eyes and silently huffed, while Shirazu gave you a polite wave.

Haise stuffed his hands into the pockets of his coat, pursing his lips together. "So, L/N, what are you doing out?" The way he delivered his question was rather awkward, but then again, Haise had been like that since meeting you. You still couldn't comprehend that this was actually Kaneki with his memory gone. If you were to look at this man with no context, or without knowing his memories were gone, you would've called him Kaneki on the spot.

You chuckled dryly, rubbing the nape of your neck. "Just going to visit my friend at work, I was feeling kind of lonely".

Haise nodded his head in acknowledgement. "Where do they work?" He asked.

"A coffee shop just a few streets down called :RE" you said. Haise seemed to perk up a bit at the mention of it being a coffee shop. You saw a flash of recognition in his eyes before it disappeared.

"I can take you if you want, they're not too busy". You put your hands in the pockets of your hoodie, leaning backwards on the balls of your feet.

Haise thought for a moment before nodding, then turning to Mutsuki and Shirazu. "That ok with you guys? We can talk more about The Nutcracker case there".