chapter 1

As I walked down the mall I got dirty looks from women and lustful stares from men. my hair which was black and blue, attracted curious looks from men and women, I had no problem with it.

My denim cut off shorts weren't cut like the rest of the sluts on the mall, mine were cut to about mid thigh. I wore a black tank top at all times, basic black is the only way to go in my opinion.

As I approached the pavilion I saw my friend, a tall black man, about 5'11 maybe 6 foot. He was in jeans and a white T-shirt. I have no idea how the hell people can wear jeans in the middle of July...

as I walked up his eyes shifted from the other guy he was talking to and locked on me, his gaze went from my face down to my feet and back up. his gaze was hungry, great... just what I needed today... the corner of his mouth tugged up a bit.

as I walked up to him I painted a smile on my face. "hey" I said in a cute upbeat voice, ugh using that voice made me want to puke today. "hey.." he replied in a smooth deep voice that would make any other girl swoon. admittedly he was a rather handsome man, he was well built, but not to big, his shirt hugged his body in all the right places, his chocolate eyes almost seemed to melt when the sun caught them just right.

The man next to him cleared his throat, I turned to him and was surprised at how cute he was, he was about my height, give or take an inch, his skin was a smooth caramel color, his raven black hair matched his eyes, he was well built, and he obviously worked out. I smiled at him, he smiled back, "hey." I said, he cocked an eyebrow. " and what's your name sweetness?" He said, I giggled in response. " he obviously hasn't told you has he?" I motioned to my friend standing next to me.

The attractive guy shook his head, his brows furrowed in confusion, "should he have told me?" The guy asked, " I mean it would have been nice of him to warn you about me but...." I looked at the taller man and smirked.

"guess it slipped his mind. "My names Sapphire, nice to meet you...." I trailed off, quirking an eyebrow at him. "Sebastian" he replied, "nice to meet you Sebastian, hope I see you around." I winked as I turned on my heel walking away, dragging the taller man with me.

After getting down the mall a bit I dragged the taller man into an ally. "Where's my money?" I demanded, " I don't have it yet but I'm working on it, just.... Give me a little more time, OK?" He pleaded, "time?" I scoffed at him.

Even though this man was five or six inches taller than me and could easily pick me up and throw me over his shoulder, he'd done it before,  he was still shaking in his shoes. I looked at his expensive looking Jordan's, noting they were the news ones out. I looked back up at his face that looked calm but his shaky hands gave him away.

"the shoes" I said in a flat voice, his face fell and shock entered his features, " seriously? My shoes?! Woman I can't just give you my shoes!" He half yelled. "It's your shoes or your balls honey." I said in a sickly sweet tone, he looked down at his shoes and sighed. " fine." He said, he bent down and begrudgingly took off the new shoes, he handed them to me and I smiled sweetly at him, " now... That wasn't so bad now was it sweety?" I cooed as I reached up and patted his cheek. "I'll give you one week to get the money together and then.... Well, you know what'll happen." His eyes wide and his jaw went slack, " what?! Woman I just gave you my fucking shoes and you tell me I only have a week?!" He exclaimed. "Yes. That's exactly what I said" I replied and with that I took the shoes and walked out of the ally humming a tune and  smiling.

(✿ฺฺ)

(✿ฺ)

It had been 3 months sense I had seen her last. She got caught stealing alcohol from the mini mart up the street from where she lived, she was already on probation from skipping class so much, along with a list of other things, but today she got out and I couldn't be happier.