Chapter 20

Courtney's POV 

His grey fur started to turn blonde, and parts sunk back into his human-like skin. His front legs became arms and his barks became screams, and soon Shayne laid in front of all of us, completely naked. Everyone gasped and covered their mouths with shock, the room was silent. I approached Shayne quickly and held the towels to his wounds on his stomach as Wes had let go.

Ian - What - the - fuck?

Me - Guys! *sob* Please! I know it's a lot to take in, but please help me! Shayne's dying!

Wes - She's right guys, come on.

I backed away and Wes held the towel to Shayne's stomach again, and Shayne groaned with pain. I knelt down and cradled his head in my arms, kissing his forehead. I repeatedly whispered phrases, begging him not to die. I looked at the blood soaking the towels, and suddenly I felt even more uneasy than I did before. The gravity of the situation seemed more real now due to the fact that he was human. Everyone eventually got back to the jobs they were doing, except for Olivia, who was still freaking out, I was losing my patience.

Me - OLIVIA!

The room fell silent again. The anger in my face transformed into sorrow, and tears gushed down my face once more.

Me - Please help. Look, I know it's a lot, but Shayne is dying, he needs us.

Olivia's whole body was trembling with fear, and then she nodded.

Olivia - Ok, I'm sorry, what do you need me to do.

Me - Look out for the *sob* ambulance, tell us when it gets *sob* here.

Olivia - Ok, you got it.

Keith - Guys! Guys! He isn't breathing!

I looked at Shayne's face that was cradled in my arms, he looked so peaceful. There was no expression and the colour had drained from his skin, and so I began freaking out again.

Me - *sobbing* Oh my god! Oh my god! Shayne! Shayne! Please please please! Shayne!

There was no response. I shook his head and sobbed and screamed. Wes pushed me out of the way and checked for a pulse, and then put his ear to his chest. He looked back at everyone with sadness in his eyes, but he wouldn't give up. 

Wes - Courtney, breathe air into his mouth when I tell you.

I nodded and got ready. Wes began performing CPR and every third hit he would tell me to breathe into Shayne's mouth. Nothing was happening. After ten minutes Wes stopped, but I didn't. I held Shayne's body tightly and cried into his neck. I rocked back and forth with his head in my arms. My screams had now become whimpers, my throat was dry and hoarse.

Olivia - The ambulance is here!