Chapter 41

Courtney's POV 

Mari ran up to Boze, who was crying on the floor. Her face and clothes were drenched with blood, and she was shivering. Mari crouched down beside her and hugged her tightly, cradling her head in her lap. Mari then looked up at me, with a fire in her teary eyes.

Mari - Get out.

Me - What?

Mari - Get out!!! Go!!!

Me - Please let me explain Mari, I-

Mari - No!!! You attacked her, I have never seen you like that! Get out, and don't come back until you've grown up!

Me - Just let me explain.

Mari - No! What could she have possibly have done to-

Me - She kissed Shayne!

Everyone fell silent, even Mari. Shayne stood quietly in the corner, staring at his feet. Mari then looked down at Boze.

Mari - Is it true?

Boze slowly nodded. Everyone shook their heads and patted Shayne's shoulder, but then they went to comfort Boze.

Noah - Courtney, maybe you should give Boze some space. 

Me - But I-

Boze - I kissed your boyfriend! We get it! I'm sorry, but you didn't have to attack me like that!

Me - I-I'm sorry Boze.

She turned her head away and then stood up, and asked Mari to go to the bathroom with her. Everyone slowly disbanded, going their separate ways, all looking at me with either anger or disappointment, until it was just me and Shayne left. 

Me - Shayne, I-

Shayne - Don't. We'll talk when we get back to your place tonight.

And then he walked away, and yet again I felt alone, yet this was different. This time I had let him down...