Chapter One.

My second story on Wattpad is a go! My computer completely froze and then I got distracted by Janoskins youtube videos.. But I'm offically writing this new story now! Hope you enjoy! -Kelly. 

Chapter One. 

'Dear Nick, I wish you were here! Camp has been pretty fun so far. We wake up around nine and then go out to the fields and warm up. Then we just play mini games all day and do stations where we learn more techniques about field hockey. I've meet some pretty cool people here too. Like Chelsea and Maria. I can't wait to see you in two weeks when I get back! Love, Avery.' 

My brother Nick and I had always been close. Ever since I was an infant, whenever I was crying my mother would pass me to Nick and suddenly I would stop crying. Even now, him being 20 and me being 17, we're still close. Nick knows exactly who to cheer me up when I'm down, and how to make me laugh. He's one of my best friends, as tacky as that is to say. 

Before I left for field hockey camp, I promised I'd send him letters throughout the three weeks I'd be gone. Today, it was Friday, the end of week one. I had just woken up and was writing a quick letter to Nick before the day started. 

I got my shinguards, mouth piece and goggles before leaving my dorm. My roommate, Maria, had already gone downstairs for breakfast. Before going into the cafeteria, I went to the lobby, where there was a mail slot. I softly slid the letter into the slot. 

"Avery! What are you doing out here?" My friend, Chelesa asked. Chelesa's from Alabama so she has a loud southern accent that I've come to enjoy hearing because I'm from Seattle, Washington. The field hockey camp is in Colorado, so we both were far away from home. 

"Oh, just mailing a letter." I smiled at her. Chelesa and I walked into the crowded cafeteria to grab a quick breakfast before going out to the fields. Maria was already in the breakfast line when we got there. "Hey Maria," I smiled at her. 

"Hey!" I was just about to grab a plate when one of the main camp leaders came over towards us. She had a sad look on her face, which was strange because she had been the happiest leader of them all. Maria was the first to greet her, "Hey Ms. Tammy!" 

"Hey sweetie. I actually need to talk to you, Avery." She gave me a little head nod, telling me to follow her out of the crowd. She brought me right back to the lobby where I had delivered the letter to Nick. "Listen, we just got a call from your mother, and something has happened. As it turns out, your brother was in a severe car accident and has been transported to the hospital. He's in a coma at the moment, and doctors are keeping a close eye on him. You're more than welcome to stay here, but you also have the option to go home."

"I need to go home, I need to get to Nick." I said without any hesitation. 

"Alright, we'll need you to pack your bags, and we'll set up your flight and transportation home. Sound good?" 

"Yeah, thank you." I practically sprinted up to my dorm room to collect all of my belongings. I prayed Nick would be okay. He had to be. Right? 

Sorry it's a bit short.. And I didn't proof-read or anything. But I hope you liked it! Ironically, I was listening to "The Climb" while writing this. Oh, Miley Cyrus/ Hannah Montana. Is it sad that I saw the Hannah Montana Movie in theaters.. three times? Whoops.