Chapter Nine.

I'm sick. I'm sore (from field hockey). I'm tired. I have to blow my nose. I don't have tea. But, I'm writing! Enjooooyy.

Chapter Nine.

"Avery, honey! I'm home!" I heard my mother yell. I slowly stood up from the bathroom floor and checked myself in the mirror. I have bloodshot eyes, cheeks stained with mascara and messy hair. I heard footsteps getting closer, so I shoved the pregnancy tests into the trash bin. "Sweetheart?"

"Yeah, mom, in here," I mumbled, walking out to face her. I knew I couldn't hide my emotions from her- but I wasn't going to tell her I was pregnant. Well, not yet.

"Avery! What happened? Are you okay?" She started wiping away my tears with her thumbs. "Did Parker do something?"

I didn't know what to say, so I shook my head. "I just.." I zoned out. What do I say? I just realized I was pregnant with my boyfriend's baby; I know you don't know him that well, but he seems to have the qualities of a great father, mom, I swear. No, I couldn't say that.

"What is it!?" She had her hands on my shoulders gently now.

"I.. miss Nick." And there's a baby in my belly. I broke out into tears again. My mother nodded and pulled me into a bear hug. I sobbed into her shoulder for a little, soaking her shirt in tears and snot. I was just lifting my head from her shoulder when the doorbell rang.

"I've got it. Go get my eye make-up remover and clean up a bit, okay?" I nodded. But instead, the first thing I did was take out the trash from the bathroom. I didn't need my parents finding out that I was pregnant by seeing the pregnancy tests. I wanted to tell them myself.. that is when I figure out what I'm going to do. "Avery, sweetie, Parker's here?"

"Okay." From some reason my heart was racing. "Hey," I mumbled, motioning for him to come upstairs. He smiled at my mom and followed me to my room. "Look, I know this is a-"

"What are we going to do? Shit Avery. I got you pregnant. Shit. Shit. Shit." Parker ran his fingers through his hairs. And I know it's a bad time, but damn, it made him look sexier. "Do you want to.. keep it?"

"I'm.. I'm not sure. I know it'd be easier to have an abortion.. but I don't want to do that." I rubbed my small tummy. There was nothing there, yet. Soon enough I'll have a massive belly.

"Me either." He sighed. "If anything, we can give it up for adoption?" He mentioned. "I'm so sorry for all of this, I swear... if I could've gone back, I would take back-"

"I wouldn't."

"What?" He looked confused.

"I mean, yes, being pregnant isn't the best situation for a teen. But that night and the day after? I'd never take that back."

"Avery," He said softly, coming closer to me. He rested his forehead against mine and I breathed in his scent. Parker wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. "Soon there will be something in the way of us.." He laughed a little. 

"I'm sorry this had to interfere with your plans.." I sighed again. I knew abortion would be easy. It would make things a lot less complicated, especially since we're seniors and a baby can ruin your chance for an education. But.. I didn't want to have an abortion. Whether it was Parker and I or another couple, this baby would bring people joy, and I wasn't going to take that away from someone.

"It's fine. This is more important. You're more important." He said, kissing my cheek.

"I love you." I said way too fast.

"I love you.. too." He smiled at me. "So, when are we going to tell our parents?" He asked. I backed away from him and layed on my bed, staring at the ceiling.