Raphael

It was my fate, to reach things I couldn't have. Desire, lust perhaps? My dreams were unobtainable, even being born with 'everything,' I still had nothing.

Raphael and I had been friends for years. He was kind, sweet, and thoughtful. He pretended to be oblivious when truly he was the quickest to notice even small details. His charm led him to be very successful in becoming high ranked in the military. He showed compassion to everyone who stepped into his life. He had so much potential.

As the war between Heaven and Hell raged on, Raphael led his soldiers into battle with a smile. His spring green eyes lit up as we made eye contact. "We'll totally meet up after this ends and just imagine all the things we can do together, we'll be free." He laughed, while telling me this in a tight embrace.

The war then began.

Running in a panic onto the battlefield, all I saw was a crimson red and severed body parts, anguished screams rang in my ears. I made my priority to find what mattered most to me, Raphael.

My legs felt heavy, my heart was racing, I scoured the field to find that delicate curly hair. I began to sprint towards my everything, feeling my stomach drop. If I could run faster, I might make it.

Raphael was fighting three devils on his own, and clearly, they were wearing him down, he'd been stabbed in the right leg, and in his left shoulder. What he didn't know was there was a fourth devil who came from behind him, sending a piercing blow through his heart. "RAPHAEL NO!" I felt myself scream, losing control of my mind, of my very thoughts.

I killed all four devils, protecting Raphael's wounded body. All I could feel was pure loathing towards these creatures, these vile, despicable devils. They took what meant most to me, the love of my life.

I held him in my arms, seeing his blood-splattered face through my endless river of tears. "Please, don't leave me..." I begged him, seeing his tan face pale.

"Mosiah, you are my closest friend. You meant the most to me... But I'm so sorry..." Raphael's breath was ragged, his usual jovial voice was now soft, barely a whisper. "I'm sorry that I never felt the same way, I know you love me, I love you, just never in the way that you wanted. Please find someone to make you laugh, to take away the pain..." He began to cough violently. "Don't strain yourself! You'll make it Raphael, please, I need you." I said, eyes widening with fear.

"You never needed me, I always needed you. I'll miss Harmonia, Savaneah, and you the most. I love you. Please... let me go." He said, reaching up to cup my face, but his hand dropped and laid still.

I looked up the Heavens and cried, "Why have you forsaken me?" And slumped in defeat, the war caused nothing but pain, and the creatures of Hell were put there for a reason.

And to make matters worse, the whole war itself was pointless, so Raphael died for practically no reason.

After being told that all five realms needed to unite to fight against these Ancient Titans, Heaven and Hell became allies.

The Governments of Heaven and Hell insisted that devils and angels should try to improve the current relationship between most devils and angels, which wasn't pleasant.

I'd always felt like i'd been missing something my whole life, a piece of me was incomplete, this is how I obtained that piece.