T W O

C H A P T E R 2

Theta - They are the lead medics within the pack, therefore it is they that the Iota aspire to be.

Iota - They are the medics of the pack, knowledgeable in herbology. They have vast knowledge upon what plants and other natural resources will help cure and heal others.

Early in the morning, I did my rituals. I read a few of my healing books while sipping on a cup of tea. Usually, I would try out the mixtures, but Papa still hasn't readied the room.

I also needed a greenhouse to plant the herbs.

A knock echoed through my room, and I felt Nana enter, "I see that you're studying."

Sensing the satisfaction in her voice, I smiled.

"Since we're in a pack now, you can ask the alpha if you can move to the medical ward." She told me.

My nervousness spiked up, "I don't know, Nana. He might think that I'm still inexperienced and...young."

She smiled reassuringly, "I didn't train you for nothing, sweetheart. You're a prodigy. You need to start believing in your capabilities."

I still doubted myself.

"Your father told me that we need to meet with the alpha for his acceptance." Nana stated.

I nodded my head, anxious. I had never met an alpha before. Nana and I lived in total isolation. The nearest landmark was a town miles away from us.

I sipped the last remains of my tea and stood up from the desk chair. The hairs on my skin stood, pointed.

This pack was known by its ruthlessness. The alpha was a superior, a well-respected man in the higher committee. He was feared by many.

My father leaned against the back of his car as he waited for us.

"I hope you're ready," he said while opening the car door for Nana and I to get in.

I was ready; the nervousness was just kicking in. The thought of becoming an official healer popped in my mind. There was a 50 – 50 chance that the alpha would let me join the medical group. His rejection would bury me into sadness.

Healing was a passion of mine. It was gift handed down by Nana.

"Harvey, you are well aware that your daughter wants to become a Theta, right?" Nana asked him with a sharp eye.

He nodded while driving, "I've mentioned it to the alpha. He told me that he would check into it upon Amara's arrival."

Hope shimmered in my eyes, there was a chance.

The car halted and we stopped in front of a ginormous mansion.

"Welcome to the pack house," Dad said as he looked at my awed expression.

We got out of the car and walked inside. As we approached the alpha's office, people greeted my father and asked of our identities. He quickly answered their questions, not finding it in his heart to prolong the conversation.

We were met with large double doors that had an intricate carving of whom we assumed was the Moon Goddess. It was beautiful and captivating in the eye. No one would pass to miss this.

Papa knocked on the door, "Cain, it's us."

My heart suddenly pounded against my chest, making it hard for me to breathe. I clutched the top part of my shirt and let out pained breaths.