Chapter 1| The Gig

Chapter 1| The Gig

~

"No!"

"Why not?"

"Have you ever thought that I just didn't want to Alex?"

That shut him up.

"Oh, come on Maya." Caleb says to me, "Give him a break, he just thinks we need more members."

"Guys," I say, "I just don't like to do that kind of thing."

"What, forming a garage band with your friends?" Jack asks with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

I arch my eyebrow. "What do you think?"

"The possibilities are endless when you're in high school." He says, picking up a French fry, and popping it in his mouth.

"Guys, come on." Lace defends me. "Give Maya a break."

I give her a grateful look.

It is lunch and I'm sitting outside on the field with, Lace, Alex, Caleb, and Jack. Lace is my best friend, and Alex, Jack, and Caleb are, well... idiots. The idiots I hang out with.

"Look guys. You already have Jake as another guitar man and the lead singer." I prostest. We are currently debating on whether or not I should join their band- "Blame". After all, I do play the piano and guitar.

"What about me?" A voice says from behind me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I whip my head around to see a smiling Jake.

I smile playfully. "Oh just your big ego." I tease.

Jake gasps. "You know where that hurt Maya?" he asks, mock pouting.

"Right here." He points to his heart.

I roll my eyes. Jake just chuckles and gives me a kiss on the cheek. As stupid as he is, he's still my boyfriend. He asked me out freshman year, and we've dating since. He is in the band called "Blame" with the three idiots I call my friends. Although, why they call their band Blame is still a mystery to me, they're still really good. Jack plays drums and piano, Caleb plays bass, and Alex and Jake play guitar.

Jake wraps his arm around me, and I lean into him, as the debate continues. When lunch finally ends, I walk back inside the building.

As I head over to my locker, I see the famous: "Dalton Smith" making out with a bitch named Sina- right in front of my locker. Dalton is practically the king of the school, with his blonde hair and crystal blue eyes, and Sina is like his queen. A bitchy queen with blond hair and brown eyes. No, Sina isn't a slut, or a bimbo, but she is a bitch. I gag, and fight the urge to kick them in the shins. I grunt, but they keep going with their sloppy tongue love. I roll my eyes as my patience thins.

"Hey, if you don't mind, I would like for you not to make babies against my locker." I say, finally getting their attention.

Thank God, I was just about to hit them with my textbook.

Sina looks annoyed and disappointed as she breaks apart from Dalton, but he looks amused. They step away from my locker and I get my stuff.

I head off to science class, trying to get rid of the disgusting image of the King and Queen groping each other out of my head. As I walk into Science, I see Jake saved me a seat. I hurriedly head over to him and plop down into the chair.

"Hey." He says grabbing my hand. His blue eyes sparkle, and they look as though they are made of glass. I could just stare at them all day. I smile at him and turn my attention to the board just as Mr. Johnson walks in.