Chapter 2| Its a Good Morning

~

I come home to find Lace on the couch, eating a box of fruit loops.

"My mom let you in?" I ask and she nods, still eating the cereal she probably found in my kitchen.

"So, why were you at Caleb's for so long?" She questions.

"We watched a movie." I say nonchalantly. Her head perks up.

"Was there food?" She asks.

I nod. "Jack had a whole bag of junk."

She scowls. "Fudge nuggets." She mutters under her breath. I chuckle and attempt to grab a handful of fruit loops out of the box. She immediately slaps my hand and gives me a dirty look.

"Get cho hands off my fruit loops!" She grumbles throwing some at my face.

I roll my eyes. "Fine."
I get up from the couch and head into the kitchen, in search for something to eat. I immediately see a box of Cheerios. I smirk as an evil plan comes into mind.
Game on Lace.
I snatch the Cheerios off the counter and run back into my living room.

"Cereal Wars!" I scream, and chuck a fistful of Cheerios at Lace.

This is going to take a long time to clean up.

*~•~*

"IT'S A GOOD MORNING, WAKE UP TO A BRAND NEW DAY!"
"Mandisa..." I groan. "Leave me alone."
Then I hear a burst of little giggles, and my eyes flutter open. My little sister Lily, is sitting on my bed.
"Wake up!" Her cute little voice yells and I chuckle and yawn.
"Thanks for waking me up." I say to my little sister as she tumbles off my bed.
"What time is it anyways?" I grumble, turning over to my clock. It reads: 7:50

"Shit!-taake mushrooms." I quickly correct myself, remembering there is a five year old in my presence.

I tumble out of bed and quickly head over to my bathroom. I brush my teeth and run a comb through my thick wavy hair. I storm out of my bathroom and flock to my closet, tearing random clothes of the hangers. I manage to put together a checkered plaid button up, and some old torn jeans.
The guys will be here any minute, I think to myself.
Putting on some black converse, I drop my bag down, and steadily climb down the ladder. I dash over to the kitchen and grab and apple, just as the band van arrives. I walk out the door and climb into the front, breathing a sigh of relief.
"Good morning." Jake greets, and I laugh quietly at my inside joke.
"Morning." I say, giving him a quick peck on the lips.
"Eww!! Save the lovey-dovey stuff for later! We have to get to school or I'm going to get my ass whopped by Mr. Kelly! Drive the damn car!" Jack calls out from the backseat.
I chuckle, and Jake starts to pull away from my house.
"So, do you guys know what song you're gonna sing for your gig?" I ask out of curiosity.
"Actually," Alex says from behind me, "we haven't picked a song yet."
I fake a gasp. "You guys do know your performing Friday right?
"Hey, don't worry. We're thinking about performing one of our originals." Caleb says.

I nod. "I have no doubts, you guys will be amazing." Jake gives my hand a squeeze, and the guys smile at me. We pull up to the school and Jake parks the van. Everyone climbs out except for me.
"Maya, you coming?" Jake calls.
I nod, "Yeah I'll be there in a sec. You go ahead."
"You sure?" He asks.
I nod. "I'll meet you by my locker."
He hands me the keys to lock the van and walks off. I am tying my shoelaces when a car pulls up into the space next to me. I don't give it much attention, and when I finish with my shoes, I hop our of the car. I get my bag out of the front seat, and turn around- damn smack into what feels like a brick wall. I look up to see the face of Dalton Smith.
"Shit." I mutter.
"Well hello." He says.
"Sorry. I didn't see you." I apoligize, and I realize I am extremely close to him. I back up a bit, only to run into the van.
I curse under my breath and give him a fake smile. I quickly head over to the school, not looking back.