Bird and shadow

The shadow she casted on him was enough to keep him safe, but something inside him that this was enough! He had enough of being kept inside their home without knowing the outside world. He wanted to feel how the warm air would touch his skin, how the lovely chirps would enter his ear, how the lovely scent of the soil would approach him.

This was the best time, to escape from her sight, to escape from the dark shadows that would limit his movements. He went inside the garage and went on her bike. Although he didn't know how to use a bicycle, he watched it in many movies that it was easy.

"I'm almost done cooking, dear," he heard her say. He couldn't stop the feeling of going out of this house. He pressed on the lock that kept the garage door closed. It hummed so loud that even under the sizzling sounds of frying an egg it still sounded so loud.

He heard footsteps approaching him. He panicked. The door arose carefully and slowly, letting in sunlight gently. He felt warmth, a different kind of warmth than drinking hot chocolate under the cold weather, but extreme warmth that it felt so kind.

The stomping finally reached him. He saw her, dirty and her red hair ponytailed and her young face glinting by the sun. Her apron was still tied to her and she looked more like a mom rather than a sibling.

She ran and tried to approach him but he already started pedaling Once he came out, his pale skin shone and his wavy hair was going with the wind. The spring air was new to his feeling that he had to stop to feel it naturally. But as he did, he fell by the bridge.

The landing went bad. The pain was excruciating and it felt like a thousand needles were striking his knee. He grunted, fixed his gaze on her sister which was running behind her. She looked like she was still a mile away and her shadow seemed to cast larger than any ordinary people. She kept on running until a transparent falcon swooped down and perched on his head.

The falcon seemed invisible yet they can both see it. Everyone around just stared at him for a moment and didn't even noticed the falcon perched on his head.

She forced out her hand and she chanted something. Her shadow became abnormally large. This was too much for him to handle.

Why is this happening? Why am I seeing these things? He thought to himself.

The pain in his knee stopped. His mind went blank. He felt a claw touch his very brain. The claw of the falcon continued digging down in his brain until the falcon wasn't there but in his brain. She continued chanting and he saw her sweat. The shadow was now reaching him causing him to go back to his senses.

But he never wanted to go back to the dark place he never called home. He never wanted to go back to where the only thing he could see was plain black. Why was he alive anyway?

He stood up. He walked to the edge of the bridge and stood there causing everyone to panic. The sense was calming, but he didn't want to live anymore. This was enough. But no, he had a life to live. He had to stay for it would ruin her sister's heart. But he didn't know what to do inside her meanless shadow.

A little debate formed in his head and he couldn't handle the pressure anymore. The shadow is halfway across his body now and he felt himself getting back to his senses.

But the falcon was strong. Everyone was now screaming and this increased his emotions. He took a tiny step and looked down the gigantic pool of water.

How will the water feel? Will it be better there rather than living in a stupid shadow?

And so he did what the falcon wanted him to do. He jumped down. Everything felt nice was going down, her sister was screaming for dear life and alas, he reached the water.

It felt colder than the environment, it was also pitch black below but still more comforting rather than their house.

He felt the falcon left his soul. He looked at the falcon, its wings still flapping even under the water. Now he understood, her sister was just trying to protect her under her shadows. The shadow was made to make the falcon blind and never see him on its sight. The falcon said something that crept him.

You weren't even supposed to live.