Chapter 22

A dim orange glow filled the music room as the sun set slowly behind the city. Baekhyun sat on the window ledge and stared out at the evening sky. The strong shades of red and orange filled his mind and momentarily distracted him

After Baekhyun fell apart in front of Luhan he had avoided the other for the rest of the day. He didn't go the cafe because he knew that Luhan would be there so he hid himself in the music room.

Baekhyun got up from the window ledge and moved over the paino in the middle of the room. He always found whenever he was stressed or upset about something playing the paino always helped.

He sat down in front of the paino and stared at the black and white keys. Thoughts were running through his head making his mind spin. Baekhyun shook his headed and began to play.

Quickly enough the soft melody filled room. Baekhyun's whole body relaxed, music was the best way relax he decided. His fingers glided over the keys with playing the melody he had heard many times before. But almost to quickly the piece came to an end leaving the room silent.

Baekhyun sat in front of the piano letting the silence fill his head. He felt like screaming and at the same time crying his eyes out. He reached his hands out to the keys. He paused thinking what to play next.

After a moment or to he began to play. His fingers pressed down the keys down playing the intro to the song. He paused for a moment in the song before opening his mouth and being to sing.

I don't wanna talk
About things we've gone through
Though it's hurting me
Now it's history
I've played all my cards
And that's what you've done too
Nothing more to say
No more ace to play

The winner takes it all
The loser's standing small
Beside the victory
That's her destiny
(Song at the top)

As he sung, everything that had been cooped up inside of him all seemed to come flooding out. Every word and every note was filled the emotion that filled the music room. Baekhyun sung with all his heart , trying to rid his head of thoughts he didn't want. Baekhyun was so deep in song that he didn't notice the figure lurking in the door way.

***********

Chanyeol needed to talk to Baekhyun. It had been a couple days since the confession and he had no answer. Chanyeol had seen Baekhyun around school and it worried him, he wasn't his usual self. He wasn't bubbly and sassy, he didn't glare at Chanyeol whenever they past in the hallways he only looked at his feet and continued walking.

The final bell rang out and Chanyeol let out a sigh of relief. He slowly packed up his stuff and slung his bag over his shoulder. The class chatted loudly and slowly filtered out of the classroom. Chanyeol raised his head above the crowd to see if he could spot the silver haired boy but he was no where to be seen.

"Hey Luhan" Chanyeol said approtching the deer boy cautiously. Luhan jumped slightly at the sudden speech and turned to face the taller.

"Hello" Luhan mumbled looking down at his feet.

"H-have you seen Baekhyun" Chanyeol asked slightly nervous. Luhan looked up with a slight grin which quickly changed into confusion. He looked around his eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm sorry i haven't" Luhan said. He quickly packed up the rest of his stuff and left. Chanyeol looked around at the classroom and he couldn't see the small boy anywhere.

Chanyeol let out a sigh and headed out if the classroom. The hallways were emtpying with the odd groups of students heading out for the evening. Chanyeol wondered around the hallways looking in every doorway he past, with a vague hope that Baekhyun would be in there.

After half an hour of searching Chanyeol felt like giving up. He rested his head agaisnt the wall and closed his eyes. Baekhyun was nowhere to be found so Chanyeol could only assume that bacon had gone home. Reluctantly Chanyeol pushed himself off the wall and started walking again.

Chanyeol heades down the corridor, kicking at specks of dust on the floor. Suddenly a soft melody filled his ears. Chanyeol looks up to see that he had wondered into the music department. Chanyeol moved closers to the music and peared through the glass in the door.

Inside the room was Baekhyun. Chanyeol relaxed at the sight of the smaller and a small smile came over his face. He quitely opened the door and slipped inside the room. He stands and listens as Baekhyun plays and sing.

Soon enough Baekhyun finishes the song and the room falls into silence. Baekhyun still hadn't noticed that Chanyeol was in the room. The smaller let out a sigh and began to move from the piano.

"Baekhyun" Chanyeol says breaking the silence. Baekhyun quickly turns at the nosie amd freezes. Baekhyun stares at Chanyeol in shock.

"Ch-Chanyeol" Baekhyun stutters. The pair look at each other in silence, no one knowing what to say next.

"W-what are doing here?" Baekhyun says stumbling over his words.

"I was looking for you" Chanyeol said. His voice was serious and almost made Baekhyun shiver.

"Why" Baekhyun replied in a small voice.

"Because i wanted to talk to you" Baekhyun stared at him. Chanyeol looked him in the eye and took a deep breath.

"I want to talk because there is clearly something wrong and i feel like I'm the cause of that" Chanyeol said. Baekhyun looked down at his feet, not giving a reply.

"That night on the beach, you scared when you ran off and you haven't been yourself since." Chanyeol took a step forward. Baekhyun still looked down at his feet shifring from one foot to another.

"I want to know what's wrong" Chanyeol said in a softer voice. At these words Baekhyun froze.

"You want to know what you did wrong" Baekhyun said in a slightly shaky voice. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun, his eyes full of concern.

"Why did you say you loved me?" Baekhyun asked his voice shaking as he spoke. Baekhyun looked up into Chanyeol's face his eyes beging to shine with tears.

"Would you say it as some cruel joke" Baekhyun continue. Chanyeol was shocked into silence, he didn't know what to say to any of it.

"But i get it now, love bring pain. Love hurts people and breaks them apart, so you only wanted me to suffer" Baekhyun said his face falling.

"No Baekhyun-" Chanyeol tried to say but was cut off.

"Chanyeol i don't know why you are trying to save yourself, you won. You made my life miserable." Baekhyun said. He moved across the room and opened the door.

"Goodbye Chanyeol" Baekhyun said before swiftly leave. Chanyeol in shock not knowing what to do. The only thing he did know was that he was a idoit but he didn't how to make it better.