1 | Coup De Foudre

There were few things Rhys Astre loved more than wine

Somewhere among the list there was also a deep love for his dog but at the moment, nothing beat alcohol and the way it reduced his thoughts to a buzz and the blood in his veins to a smooth, steady fire.

Not in the drunken, oblivious state he was in currently. Not as he spun the most gorgeous girl he'd seen on the dance floor and laughed as she left a trail of kisses down his sweaty neck. Whispering something into her ear that his mom would have washed his mouth out with soap for, he watched as she blushed and waited for her eyes to light up before dropping a chaste kiss onto her cheek and grinning.

'I'm getting a drink sweetheart, want something?'

She shrugged before nodding, yelling what she wanted over the crowd and he dropped another lingering kiss upon the slender slope of her neck, long enough to make sure she'd remain there for him in anticipation for a while, before winking at her and weaving his way through the crowds.

It didn't take him long to navigate towards the bar, lesser time still to avoid the throngs of women placing themselves cleverly in front of him and slipping into a seat. He yelled out his order to the awaiting bartender and turned to face the guy sitting next to him with a sloppy, drunken smile. Leo merely rolled his eyes and spoke only after downing half his drink.

'That's the third one tonight. You sure they're all not going to come climbing into your window tonight?'

Rhys chuckled, throwing back his drink and turning to Leo with a grin. The guy's tight, black curls didn't look an inch out of place and his eyes still glowed with energy; something the sweaty Rhys noticed with envy.

'I wouldn't mind if they do. Determination is sexy.'

Leo shook his head in amusement, rolling his eyes as he watched his friend call for another drink. There was lipstick smeared on his neck and his hair was slicked back with sweat. But the guy only seemed to be getting started. Leo cast a look over the secluded VIP gathering where they sat in boredom, but raised a brow in interest when he noticed her approaching.

'Looks like one of them isn't quite done yet,' he murmured over the rim of his glass, smirking as Rhys turned to see a curvy blonde making her way towards him. He tapped a finger on his chin and frowned, watching her approach.

'I think her name was Samantha?' Rhys tilted his head and scrunched up his eyebrows in confusion, 'although she looks more like an Abigail.'

Leo laughed, spinning his seat around to face the club properly and take in the woman walking towards them. 'I told you not to let her into the restricted area.'

Rhys cast a glance towards the balcony below which the actual happenings of the club took place and then turned to take in the partying around him; something much more private and expensive. The couches lining the walls were nothing more than clouds and waiters whizzed around, trying to keep everyone happy and very, very drunk.