2 | Breakfast Fight Club

By the time she was able to prise open her eyes and hiss at the slit of sunlight scattered across her face, her tongue was permanently stuck to the roof of her mouth and her head was a pulsing temple of regret and pain

Aurora Braelynn did not do hangovers.

Blinking in the dim sunlight leaking into her room, she let out a low moan and turned, pulling her blanket up to her chin. Beside her, the bed shifted and a head of auburn curls came into view. She smiled, shuffling closer until her skin was stark against his and the heat escaping him warmed her endlessly.

A hand wound itself around her waist and pulled her closer, hazel eyes blinking open slowly and squinting at her. "Good morning, babe," Ian rasped and she grinned, raising her head and pressing her lips to his softly.

"Morning."

He smiled, satisfied and sleepy, before settling back onto his pillow and closing his eyes. A moment later a groan escaped his lips and he frowned. She grinned.

"Hangover?"

"The worst."

"Come on," she sighed, sitting up and wincing as pain speared through her head and the covers slid off to reveal her bare skin, allowing the chill to attack her easily.

"And turn up the thermostat," she mumbled, sliding out of bed and picking up her silk robe, "it's freezing."

"Come back here and I'll warm you up in no time," Ian whined mischievously and she grinned, turning to wink at him devilishly before stalking out of the room, floor freezing her feet relentlessly. But there was already heat pooling in her stomach at the thought of last night.

Turning up the thermostat, she finally slid on her robe and stumbled towards the kitchen, throwing down an aspirin and drinking as much water as her stomach could handle.

It was over twenty minutes later, when the relentless thudding in her head had quietened and the thought of coffee didn't make her queasy that Ian walked out, dressed in nothing but a pair of boxers and bleary eyes.

"Coffee please," he rasped and she shook her head, pointing at the aspirin she'd left on the counter for him. He swallowed it with the help of the glass of water she passed him and then begged for coffee again, this time accompanied with a pout.

She laughed, standing on her toes to place a peck upon his lips, one he readily returned, before turning back to the coffee.

Pouring the steaming liquid into two mugs, she passed him one before picking up her own and wrapping her fingers around its warm body, happily inhaling the steam that wafted up.

"Thanks babe," Ian grinned, pulling her flush next to him and placing a kiss upon the top of her head, "you're a life saver."

She only hummed in pleasure and sipped the heavenly liquid in her cup, closing her eyes to savor its taste. It was a moment later when the shrill ringing of a phone interrupted the comfortable silence that had ensued and they both winced in pain at the sound, scrambling for the device in a panic.