one.

the sound of my alarm clock was unbearable. i groaned, rolling out of bed. it was my first day of college, i was a writing manor & i hoped it would be fun. writing was something that always pricked my interest, and i absolutely loved doing it, so why not choose it as my study?

the sun was peaking through my curtains, and shining onto my floor. i lived in a smaller house, about ten minutes away from campus. i lived with my best friend, Cassidy. we grew up together, and here we are now, living together and going to the same college.

i walked to my bathroom, my outfit hanging on my arm. i closed and locked the door, turning on the light. it was fairly early, 6:30am, and i looked like a mess. i dropped my clothes on the counter, grabbing my toothbrush and putting toothpaste on it, setting it under the water. i rubbed my eye with my free hand, starting to brush my teeth. after i finished, i stripped and turned on my shower, stepping into the warm water.

-

i was wearing some simple black skinny jeans, and a slightly cropped sweatshirt. i finished blow drying my hair, brushing it out and curling a few pieces. i sighed, looking in the mirror, satisfied by my work. i put deodorant on, and a few sprays of perfume. i did my eyebrows perfectly this morning, carving them with concealer. i never used foundation because my skin was clear, and didn't need any of that. i applied mascara, some highlight, and lipgloss. i smiled at myself, anxiety rising as i neared 7 o'clock.

i turned off the lights, leaving the bathroom. Cas was already up, making pancakes. she believed that the first day should be special.

"goodmorning, cas," i said, sitting at the bar of our counter. she gave me a head nod as a goodmorning. i rolled my eyes playfully, taking two pancakes from the plate. i put butter on them, and poured the syrup, starting to eat. i rushed a bit, needing to leave soon, "cmon, we need to go," i say, taking the last bite of my food.

-

i quickly grabbed my keys, running out the door with my bag. cassidy followed behind. we got into my car, and we were off. driving down the street, listening to music on blast. She turned to look at me, "hopefully you'll see your summer kiss," she teased. i rolled my eyes, "to him it was just a one time thing, so that's what it is to me" i said, but i felt a little heavy. i really liked harry, and it sucked that i never saw him after that date. he just never called.

after some silence, only music filled the car, i pulled up into the student parkinglot. i parked, getting out and grabbing my stuff. "meet me here after class, unless you find some people to have plans with," i said, cassidy already walking away from me. i shook my head, chuckling softly.

walking into the large building felt wonderful, a new start was here. i looked at my phone, checking where my class was. it was not too far, only down the hall, so i figured i had some time. but boy, i was wrong. i was in the bathroom fixing my hair, and the bell had rung, "shit.. shit.." i muttered, fast walking down the hall from the bathroom. "E6" i said, finding the door and opening it. i was 8 mins late, the professor was there, and as soon as i stepped in, all eyes were on me. i blushed hard, going to a seat.

the professor sighed, "greetings miss lawford, is it? i'm professor sanderson. i assume you were lost, so i'll let this late go," the professor said. i muttered a quiet thank you, getting out my note materials out.

his lecture wasn't too long, about 20 mins. he assigned some homework, a 500 word essay on something you like to do. i sighed in relief as he walked out of the classroom, putting my things away. i turned to look at my classmates, a few jocks, some gothic kids, and... harry styles? my eyes widened, and i turned back around. he must of saw me when i came in. my heartbeat quickened, and i took a few deep breaths. "would he remember me, or was i really a one time thing?" i thought. that's when i felt a tap on my shoulder. i turned around and my eyes met with, no other than harry styles.

"hey, aly. sorry i never called, my parents took me on a stupid trip so i didn't see how we could have another summer night together," his voice was husky, and i loved it so much. i shook my head, "no, it's fine. i was busy too, summer reading stuff," i smiled, resting my head on the palm of my hand, "how about we can go go it for dinner tonight, my treat? we can catch up." harry asked. of course i said yes, who wouldn't? he nodded, "ill pick you up at 7," he said, winking and walking back over to his friends. i smiled to myself, getting out my phone to text cassidy.

"my summer kiss has returned, and he's taking me out to dinner at 7. you're helping me get ready!" i sent the text, hearing the bell ring. i grabbed my stuff, heading for my car. i only had one class today, thankfully. my phone buzzed: "okay! that's amazing, i'll be home at 2, some people wanna take me to coffee" i shook my head, reading the text. i put my stuff into the car, getting in and starting the engine. i turned on my music and blasting it once more. pulling out of the parking lot. a smile never left my lips. i, alyzea lawford has a date with harry styles. it was unbelievable. hopefully i'll get another kiss, just maybe.

—————-

thank you for reading!! i'll try to update almost everyday, but school gets in the way of that haha. please vote, comment, and share!! it means a lot<3