Introduction //:chapter one

The house was quiet as I, Emily Butler, walked down the steps. Every step I took followed a faint creaking noise. It was dark. They type of dark that looks the same with your eyes closed. The type of dark that makes you wonder if that laundry baskets human or not. The type of dark that makes you want to scream like a seven year old wanting her daddy to rush in and put you in his bed.
   The light at the bottom of the stairs got farther away with each step I took. I was speeding up now. Trying to catch up with the almost dead lightbulb hanging from the ceiling from an electrical wire that could snap at any second. Snap like my arm in second grade when I gracefully fell off my Razor Scooter.

"Where even am I?", I thought to myself, chasing after the faint light.

   Impossible, I finally declared. I stop speeding down the steps and sit down. What even is the point of this one? 
Suddenly a door slammed. I jerk my head back so quick I feel discombobulated. I gasp. It's him. The man with no face is walking down the endless stairs in my direction. I stand up so quickly I feel lightheaded. Not good when you're about to run for your life.
   I dart down the stairs towards the light. Same as earlier except this time, the lights not running from me. Step after step, my heart wants to bust out of my chest.
Please don't fall! Please don't fall! Please don't friggin  fall Emily!!!  I'm approaching the last three steps as No Face is ten steps above. I make the daring jump onto the hard cement floor. A loud smacking noise echoes through the stairwell as my tennis shoes slap that floor.
  The light bulb hits my head as I jump up from my weird crouching position. Theres a door and another hallway not even 10 meters away from the door. I think quick and run straight through the long empty hallway. I look back and sure enough, No Face is following me. I hear him let out a demonic chuckle. I speed up and my feet continue to smack the floor.
  "Where am i even going?" is all i can think with every step. I'm getting closer to the end. I let out a scream as I realized it was a dead end.