Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Derek's POV

It burns. But that's the point isn't it? The bottle in my hand is now half empty and I plan to finish it. I have stopped drinking for drunkenness and started drinking to drown. I read that somewhere and now understand it a lot more. The rain is hitting steadily against my car window and I lay my head against it, enjoying the coolness and the rain making me feel less alone. It's currently 2:36am and I am sitting in my car, half drunk, with a bottle of whiskey. I thought it could make me forget but I swear it's making me remember more clearly. I don't know how I got here and I don't blame the alcohol. I turn on my car and don't know where I'm going until I get there and stumble out. The floor is moving and my head is pounding. It feels like I'm hungover while I'm still drunk. I steady myself and walk.

*Earlier that night*

"I really do have to go now Derek." Bree says again, breathing heavily.

I respond by connecting our mouths once again and tasting her sweetness. She groans and I release my hold on her.

"Okay, now you may leave." I tell her.

My voice sounds low and scratchy and my manhood feels uncomfortably solid against my jeans.

"Thanks for your permission." Bree responds sarcastically but gives me a grin and laughs.

She knows exactly what she does to me. Bree exits the car without another word and skips up her long driveway up to her palace like home. I see her trip but manage to stay on her feet and a laugh escapes me. She steadies herself and walks to her door slowly but gives me the finger without looking back and walks through the front door.

I shake my head and drive off. The weight of reality seems to get heavier the farther away I drive from Bree. I finally force myself to stop thinking about her and I think about my sister Dee. Not only did I find her home alone with a boy but she harassed Bree. She filled her head with lies and tried to convince Bree to break up with me. And I honestly have no idea why but I have every intention to find out. I arrive at my house and jog up to the front door and take a deep breath before I enter.

"Dee Bailey Johnson!" I yell as soon as I step inside.

I walk into the living room and see her calmly sitting down on the sofa beside our other sister Sky. To anyone else she would've looked perfectly at peace but I knew her well enough.

"You only cross your legs when you're nervous." I say, giving her away.

She starts to roll her eyes but thinks better of it. We both know she's in enough trouble with me already and I hate it when she does that. I sit down in an armchair across from her and lay back casually.

"Sky, please give your sister and I some privacy." I tell her without taking my eyes off Dee.

Sky leaves quietly and I watch Dee's eyes scream in protest. I don't speak again until I hear the sound of Sky's room door shut.

"Why did you treat Bree like that?"

"I don't like her." She answers simply.

I scoff at her.

"You just don't do that if you don't like someone. That was mean and cruel and Bree has done nothing to deserve that."

A fire lights Dee's eyes when she hears me and she snaps.

"Nothing to deserve that? She should've gotten worse." Dee tells me with a glare.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I ask, confusion taking over.