My Mom Is - What?!

Chapter Two

"My mom is DEATH?!?" I shouted.

She looked down.

"How come you look so young?" I asked.

"Because I do not age or have a physical form, and you were around this age, so I choose to look like this. Sorry." She explained, still looking at the floor.

"And I though death was supposed to be a dude!?"

"Well that rumor was started when men thought they were rulers of the earth."

I felt tears, my mom, finally, I ran up to her and hugged her again.

"I don't care who or what you are, I don't care what you look like, I just want a mom." I said, crying into her robe again.

"Woah! So your mom is like death?! Cool!" Kayla said.

Jeff looked down and mom went over to him. "Jeff. Why?"

He looked to the side avoiding eye contact with mom. "You know why." He mumbled.

She sighed. "We'll talk about this later. For now just continue what you were doing, alright." Then she and Jeff disappeared in a shroud of black smoke.

After school, Kayla would not stop talking about how I 'beat up Jeff.' So it somehow turned into, I beat up Jeff, not my mom was death. Well it's all of the kids from the classrooms fault because they didn't know that she was death.

My life just took a jump, I was walking on air all the way home.

When I walked in and found Casey wasn't there. Weird, she's never late, I shrugged it off.

I went to my room still happy. I found Jeff sitting on my bed. "Hey, look. I'm sorry, please forgive me, okay?" He mumble really fast.

I smiled. "No problem!!"

Then I went to doing my homework, Jeff sat there a little shocked.

"I know what it's like to want a fight. To want blood spilled by you own hands. To want to be god for a tiny bit of time and have a life in your hands. So, don't worry, I forgive you." I said.

Jeff stared at me. "You do?"

"Yep. I got in a fight a few years back, with a gang. I accidentally killed the leader and felt really good about it. So I killed the rest of the gang to."

"You killed a whole gang?!?" He asked, shocked.

I nodded. "But there was only 76 guys. Oh wait, there was 85."

"YOU KILLED 85 F****** GUYS BY YOUR SELF?!?"

"Calm down Jeff! And I just said that."

He was silent for awhile. Then, "Ok. I've got to go now. See you." He got up, and jumped through the window.

I got a phone call just as he jumped, I answered.

There was a lady on the other end. "Hello?" I answered.

"Is this Miss. Stephanie Darkenfault?" She asked.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Miss. Darkenfault, I must ask you prepare yourself. Your current guardian, Mrs. Casey Anderson, was injured in a car accident today. She had received fatal injuries and I am sorry to say, but she has passed away." She said.

"What?!" Casey's-gone?

I hung up, no, no, no, no, no, no! Casey couldn't be dead! My phone rang again. Mom wouldn't if Casey was her friend! Would she? I cried, mom wouldn't do that. I wanted to talk to someone, anyone. I thought of Kayla, no. Jeff? No, besides I didn't know how to contact him. Then I remembered that mom had said that she saved her number into my phone, but did I really want to talk to her right now?