Chapter 7

Yay. Let's go hear Mr. Big Shot complain about my seat change.

I walk in and a smirk spreads across Chad's face.

I ignore him and go sit in my new seat next to Sarah. Chad looks upset and I can't help but maniacally laugh. In my head that is.

The bell rings.

"Alright class, Sarah and Timothy are absent today I see?" He glanced around the classroom to double check.

"I'm sorry Miss Freo, but it looks like you don't have a partner and neither does Chad so you guys will have to work together again. My apologies." He turns and writes the lesson on the board.

Are you fucking serious?

I let out a huge grunt and move back to my original seat.

"Hey," Chad says as I sit down.

What? No smart ass comment? Wow. What the hell was in his Cheerios this morning?

"Uh, hey?" I take out my pens.

He doesn't even look at me.

Do I have something in my teeth, stain on my shirt, am I really that hideous today?

"Is there something wrong with me, that you're not looking?" I realize what I had said. "I mean that sounds stupid, are you okay?"

Why the fuck am I being nice to this asshole?

"Yeah just I had a bad morning." He replies.

He voice was weak and his words came out croaked.

Is he crying? What the hell happened?

He pounds his fists on the table and walks out of the room.

I look at Mr. Peterson and he nods for me to go after Chad.

I see him sitting against the wall in the middle of the hallway. I go and sit next to him.

I brush the hair out of his face.

"Hey," I say looking in his glossy eyes.

"Hey, this is fucking embarrassing." He says and I laugh at his comment.

"No it's not, do you want to talk about what happened?" I ask, I don't know why I'm being so nice.

"Sure, I mean, I, I don't know, I guess." I have a feeling he's never told anyone his feelings before.

"My dad found out he has cancer and told me this morning. He can't have any procedures done and he doesn't have much time left."

Oh my God. That's like my mom.

"I'm so sorry Chad."

He looks away.

"I know how you feel." I say trying to ease his pain.

"No you don't." He spits back at me.

Ouch.

"Yes I do, my mom died of cancer when I was eight, and they couldn't do any procedures on her either."

Woah, I've never told anyone that besides Shayley and Matthew.

He tilts my face up so we are looking straight at each other.

He looks at my eyes, then at my lips, and back up at my eyes.

How can my feelings about one person change so much in 15 minutes. Shit, he's leaning in, closer, closer, what the fuck? He's kissing me. What do I do? Kiss back? Oh what the fuck? Okay. Here I go.

We break apart and he smiles. I smile back.

"So we're good now?" He asks. I nod.

Okay, when did I decide that? Whatever.

We walk back to class.