CHAPTER 1: -GREGOR

I stare down at the wrinkled photo of Luxa and I. My mind wanders to, literally, a different world.

Luxa. Her silver hair. Her violet eyes. My heart is empty. Its like I left it in the Underland, along with so many other memories. My friends. Luxa. And most of all, my bond, Ares- who had been killed by a giant white rat, the Bane.

Four years have passed. Everyday I miss them like crazy- more and more. My mind is never in school or anything, for that matter.

Mom told us to forget it, all of it. We pretty much started our lives over. Which was easy for her. But it wasnt for the rest of the family. We had a history there, a whole different life there.

For instance, my dad, was trapped there for two-and-a-half years. The rats kept him captive there. My sister, Lizzie, broke the Code of Claw. Boots, my seven year old sister, was called princesses by the crawlers (aka. cockroaches). And I was considered the "warrior". My only friends were down there. Every one in the Overland things I'm a crazy nutcase.

I'm losing it. I think that planes are Ares. Cockroaches are Temp. And I think that manikins are Luza. My mind is always on Underland mode.

"Gregor, five minutes 'til dinner! You should have your room cleaned by now!," mom calls.

"Okay! Coming!"

A tear slips down my cheek as I shove the photo into my pocket. I hop up and stare at my messy room that is supposed to be clean. I quickly push everything underneath my bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk into the kitchen and quickly grab a doughnut.

"Lizzie! Time for school!," I say with a mouth full of doughnut.

"Okay!"

I grab my backpack and walkout the door with Lizzie following me.

"Don't forget to pick me up AGIAN!," Lizzie says obviously trying to sound annoyed. But she's not, Lizzie is never mad.

"Sorry, it won't happen agian."

I had forgotten to get her for the last two days. That's what I get for not controlling my thoughts. I had been worried about the Underland, and mom had given me specific instructions to only go from the house to school and back. She's afraid that I will go to the Underland, which I would, but only for a second.

"Bye Liz. Have a good day."

"Mk," She says briskly walking into her fourth grade classroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I smile as I walk out of school, glad that I remembered to pick up Liz. I veer off towards the direction of Lizzie's school, not noticing the shadow stalking behind me.

The shadow starts walking faster towards me. I look back and see voilet eyes and pale skin. I quickly walk towards the figure.

"Luxa?! Is it really you?" my mind is racing. Confused by what I see. I blink three times and laugh at myself. It's not her. My mind is playing tricks on me ALL the time.

"Sorry. Sometimes I think I'm going crazy," I apologize and walk solomly away. I look down at my feet, ashamed and embarrassed.