44

"Jimin, I think I like you." Chaerin plays with her fingers, unable to look at Jimin. She was afraid.

Afraid of rejection and hurt. But she did it anyway because she knew she wouldn't be able to live in knowing that she'd give up on her first love this easily.

Jimin grabs both of her hands and holds them warmly towards him. "You know what I think? I think we're meant to be."

"W-what?"

"I love you Chaerin."

Those words. The girl smiled, almost tearing up out of happiness. How can a guy like Jimin ever like a girl like her?

Chaerin threw her arms around Jimin. "Thankyou Jimin."

"For what," he asks, hugging back.

"Accepting my feelings."

"I'm not accepting them."

Chaerin's smile fading pulled away from the hug. "What? What do you mean?"

"Don't you understand? I liked you first– and you had just liked me. So now, we're just compromising. I'm not accepting your feelings but taking it as a yes for my own confession." Jimin smiles sweetly. "Go out with me."

Chaerin smiled back at him brightly. "You mean it?"

"Yeah," he says, holding her hand tightly in his. "Come, let's go to the library."

"Why the library?"

Jimin pauses before looking back at her. "It's time for us to go look for our story."