"What About a Thank you?" *Chapter Three*

Hinata slowly opened his swollen and aching green eyes. His blurred vision caused him to squint and he blinked as an attempt to fix his sight. Sitting up, he scanned his surroundings.
    The room wasn't too extravagant. The walls were a faint off white color, with a hint of beige. Occasional cracks could be seen running down the wall Hinata was facing. The floors were wooden though many scratches were plastered in various places around the room. Splinters and nails were in many different piles on the floor like some one attempted to sweep them.
    He looked down to see that he was sitting on a single mattress and no other furniture besides that. The bed was slim with no bed frame or bed spring. The singular sheet on it was being used as a blanket as it lightly embraced Hinata's throbbing body. He blinked.
    "Oh, you're awake." The brunette flinched as the floor was now opened a crack. In it was a tall, slim male who seemed to be holding onto a green cloth.
    "Who are you?!" Hinata's voice sounded raspy due to being unconscious for some time. Though he also tried to sound bold, to no prevail. He cleared his throat.
    "That's the first think you say to me?", the man started, "What about a thank you? For all you know, I could have left you on the street to bleed to death." He clutched the fabric still in his hand. "I mean why would anyone trust a random person on the street."
    "Then why would I trust you?!" Hinata lifted his chest and clutched the blue sheet that still covered him. The stranger's eyes widened as his face looked surprised, like he didn't expect that answer. His white fluffy hair bounced up slightly on shock. Hinata kept a stern look on his face, as the man's shocked face slowly melted into a smirk.
    "Still no thank you?" He chuckled "You're right." He took a step towards Hinata and he moved back a a response. Slowly inching further the smaller male just kept on moving backward. Until the white haired man was standing above the mattress "I easily could have killed you if I wanted to." Hinata started to sweat as his voice got deeper with each word he spoke. He crouched and Hinata gulped.
    "I-I'm sorry. Thanks. C-can you ba-back up a little n-now?" Hinata managed to choke out.
    "Don't be afraid. I just said I could have, never said I would." He laughed as he perked up his cheeks. Making Hinata sigh in relief. "Here." He started to wipe Hinata's head.
    "W-What are you doing?" He asked as he jolted his head away from the cloth.
    "Well I brought it in here because you were sweating and fidgeting in your sleep." He continued wiping and Hinata found it hard to keep still or calm down. He still had little to no idea where he was. The stranger he was with seemed a little more than unstable. And he was in no condition to leave anytime soon. "What's your name?" The stranger spoke after a long minute of silence.
    "Uuhh..H-Hinata Hajime." Hinata looked down at his hands.
    "So you don't want to know mine?" He teased.
    "Uh n-no I..uh." Hinata looked up really fast and was now looking directly into the male's gray green eyes for the first time.
    "It's fine, I'm Komaeda." He stood up and is now looming over Hinata. Something about him made Hinata feel slightly uncomfortable. "Well you couldn't go to the hospital since now you are a wanted criminal..."
    Komaeda continued on rambling. As Hinata's mind started to trail elsewhere, "H-He didn't give me a first name." He scratched his head "Maybe he has trust issues." He stopped as he realized that Komaeda was still talking to him.
    "...so you have to stay with me for a while." Though Hinata wasn't listening, he already knew what Komaeda was talking about. He didn't want to stay in a random dirty apartment alone with a eerie stranger, but if he couldn't physically get up yet, nor could he even leave with the police searching for him. He was stuck there. "We will get to know each other very well, Hinata-kun."
    Those words sent shivers down Hinata's spine.