chapter 6

"Good news Enterprise, you're getting reinforced in the Pacific."Admiral Halsey said to the girl in front of him.

He had called in Enterprise to his office because he had news for her. She was currently standing right in front of him.

"Really? Is Sara finally done repairing?" Enterprise asked.

"No, no, no, it's not Saratoga that's coming."

Enterprise had a confused look on her face.

"Then who's coming?" She asked.

"You'll see soon enough, she should be here soon."

As soon as he finished saying that, a knock coincidentally came on the door.

"Ah, and that should be her." The Admiral smiled. "Come in." He yelled outside.

The door opened and a girl's head popped into the room, peering in. The two other occupants in the room peered at her as well and she met them with a nervous expression.

"Come on in." The Admiral said.

The new girl nodded before standing up straight entering into the room and closing the door behind her. "H-hello."

Enterprise looked on curiously at the girl that had just entered the room.

"Hello, I suspect that you're the brand new carrier we've been expecting?" The Admiral asked.

Enterprise's ears perked up at the words from the Admiral. Wait, did he just say carrier?

The girl nodded in response. The Admiral smiled. "Why don't you introduce yourself then? Both to me and our other guest here." He said while pointing his hand towards Enterprise.

"M-my name is Essex! CV-9 reporting in!" She saluted albeit with a still nervous exterior.

Enterprise's eyes widened. Did her ears hear that correctly? She could have sworn that she just heard this girl say that her hull classification was a CV. Otherwise a carrier.

She turned her head towards the Admiral with a questioning look and she found that he was smiling back at her. "As you heard from her, this is the USS Essex, CV-9 and lead ship of the new Essex-class carriers that we're rolling out.

"A new class of carriers?!" Enterprise exclaimed.

"How's that for reinforcements?" The Admiral smirked. "As for her," He said pointing at Essex "she'll be joining your task force Enterprise."

Said girl gasped in surprise as she heard the Admiral's words. She gawked at the other girl before turning back over towards the Admiral. "W-wait, are you saying that she's the USS Enterprise?!"

"Indeed she is." The Admiral said.

The two girls looked at each other. Both girls were surprised, each for different reasons.

Essex was in awe that she was in the presence of the fabled carrier she heard so much about back when she was training.

Enterprise was surprised to see another carrier in front of her that wasn't Saratoga.

"Now since she'll be joining you Enterprise, why don't you go show her around?" The Admiral ordered.

Enterprise broke out of her trance from looking at the girl and turned back to the Admiral. "Oh, umm. Yes sir." She responded.

Enterprise turned back around and walked over to the girl. "Nice to meet you." She said as she placed her right hand in front of her.

The girl jumped up in surprise at the action. She looked at the hand, then up to Enterprise and saw her smiling at her.