Chapter 5: Captain Obvious

Kate's POV
Emaline went down stairs in search for milk. She took out her almond milk and a cup and poured it. Damn she's hot. I am so lucky to be with her. She seemed to be calm now.

"What the hell was that for?" she yelled. 

"Babe-" oh shit I accidentally called her babe, "I mean Em, I overheard you and McQuaid making up and I didn't want Lelsie and Jessica to interrupt you guys so I had to come up with a distraction."

She looked at me in the most intimidating way possible. With her hands on her hips. 

"Okay and I also kinda wanted a lone time with you," I said in a speedy mummbly way.

"You're so lame Messner, Like so lame," she said as she playfully punched me.

"Ow."

"Wimp! Hey wait," she looked up, "how did you make cake?"

"We didn't. We found cake in your kitchen drawers," I replied.

"Okay because you cannot possibly make cake since my parents are vegan."

"Wait you're vegan?! I swear I've seen you eat mea-"

"Don't tell," she smirked

We didn't say anything. We just looked into each others eyes.

"What are you staring at Messner?" she giggled, "We should probably go."

She kissed my cheek giving her hand to me later releasing it once we got outside of the door. I wished it could've last a little longer. 

"Where have you guys been?" questioned Jessica.

"Oh the spicy stuff really got to her so it took a little longer than I expected," I said.

3rd POV

The four friends talked to each other all night as Dusk T'ill Dawn Soundtrack was playing. They talked about boys (of course Kate and McQuaid just sitting there awkwardly) Emaline would talk about boys while staring directly into Kate's eye. What a fucking tease Kate would thing yet this still got her somewhat jealous. It was about 12 Am and Emaline announced that everyone should probably sleep. They all agreed. Jessica and Leslie bought sleeping bags Kate forgot to. Shit Kate thought. Luckily, Emaline has a royal-purple sleeping bag somewhere in her closet. Unluckily, it was only one; McQuaid quickly called dibs leaving Kate to have no place to sleep.

"I guess," Emaline hesitated, "you can sleep with me."

"What are you... a HOMOSEXUAL?" Jessica said but in a very teasing manner.

Emaline seems very ticked offed and was ready to say things she would've regretted but McQuaid stopped her.

"Surely it is not homosexual if it is in a platonic matter," McQuaid backing up Emaline, "I mean Emaline has had a boyfriend before and had a bunch of other boyfriends so of course truly she cannot be a homosexual." McQuaid fluffed Emaline's pillow. Clearly it was because he seemed nervous and has to do something with his hands.

"I know," Jessica shrugged, "gosh can't you take a joke."

Emaline mouthed to McQuaid thanks a lot Captain Obvious. McQuaid was willing to do anything to keep this secret until Emaline seems to be more comfortable in herself. I guess it has to do with the guilt. Emaline forgave McQuaid despite of the stuff he did out of pure anger; what a great person! McQuaid would think. Yet I obviously do not deserve her empathy. Everyone got ready to sleep. Kate went to Emaline and whispered to her: Do you have any spare clothing. Emaline rolled her eyes and because Kate was so goddamn tall Emaline had nothing for her that could fit except for these short shorts and a tank top. Kate and Emaline slept side by side but they were facing opposite directions. Their directions may be different but the way they feel for each other will always remain the same.

*Hello my readers! Sorry I didn't upload yesterday. Also if you noticed I didn't end with a cliffhanger. I wanted to give you guys a break. Anyways hope you guys had a lovely day! -MF

P.S. If you expected Kemaline sex because Kate wanted alone time with Emaline welp you're are wrong. I dunno if Imma gonna write about it tho. Comment what u want*