Chapter 1 - The Golden Heir

"I'm a diamond in the rough. Just looking for someone to find me."

   Midas' Princess, also known as Meili Nightshade, is known as the seemingly innocent frontwomen (frontgirl?) with a golden charm in her eyes, and honeydew sweet words that would pull you in and in until you realize that she isn't quite as innocent and helpless as you thought. Blackmail was her forte, and she seemingly rank of wealth.

  The girl always was dressed in either a crisp new uniform or in one of the many rather preppy outfits she had, with white gloves and various delicate rings circling her fingers. A golden leaf wreath covered her pastel blue hair, tied up in a half loose braid, and her cheekbones were dusted with flaky auric glitter. She had four golden teeth, all of them in place of her front canines. Her lips were jutted out slightly in a pouted shape, due to her (very very slight) underbite, and drew the attention up to the top of her face. Her eyes, a volcanic amber shade in colour, seemed to glow in the dark like a cat's. People always saw her first in the crew, as she literally glittered and shone in both the light and the dark.

  She was fast, flexible, and had the ability to wriggle her way out of trouble. Though she didn't engage in combat a lot, she was ruthless if she did. Bodies of high ranking gang officials would turn up in the cities with either a solid golden bullet exactly in between their eyes or a clean X caused by her signature butterfly knife directly above their hearts. A crown drawn in blood would be squarely written on their foreheads, and their eyes would be covered in a deliberate coating of golden glitter. Even after classes and not during heists or the such, she was a leading part of the delinquent school-worthy group the Voided Tigers also part-time did. Spray paint on the walls with their logos would turn up at the corners of the school, and an entire empty classroom had been taken over, with remnants of her golden presence still hot.

-----------

  However, she had a secret. Only the members of the Voided Tigers truly knew it, and it was strangely ironic. She was called Midas' Princess, only by her golden attire and aura, and she secretly always laughed behind her back about it. She wasn't Midas' actual daughter, but Midas was her ancestor, and she DID have the golden touch. That was what her gloves were for, so she wouldn't accidentally turn a pencil or random rain-drops to solid gold. She used it to her advantage sometimes, turning invaluable things expensive or killing her victims slowly through it, but she was also scared of it. So very scared.

  She was scared that she would take a page out of Midas' book and turn her loved ones into gold and never see them again or worse, send them off to the afterlife herself.

  She was scared that she would turn to gold herself, as if she had excess power, it would redirect itself onto herself. The gold leeching at her skin started above her heart and would slowly spread itself up and up until she would either die or learn to control it properly without too many repercussions.

  She was scared of hurricanes. Her old home, a nice thatched village situated in an island, was destroyed by one. She could remember being outside that day to play with her friends, only to be pulled back inside the house by her mother. She remembered the frantic shuttering of the doors closing and the yellowing sky above. She remembered being shoved into a small dark room, probably a closet, with only a small bag in her hand and the clothes on her back. The water slowly rising up and the frantic thrashing she made when it started to reach quite a bit higher than she could stand. The lack of oxygen and the findings of her village, which was trashed and dripping with death, after the water started receding. The noise her light shoes made when she stepped into a deep small lake of water, displaced from the water she used to swim in a mere 13 hours before.

  She used to be scared of being left to the dust of others if they found her secret, or even worse, keep her around only for a quick way to make money. Nobody except for the Voided Tigers would understand, and no one except for them could she trust to not take advantage of the fact that no one else would take her in. Her caretakers were killed by a rival gang when she was young, only for her power. After this, she started to hide it under white gloves, elbow length and soft to the touch. That way, she wouldn't have to deal with prying eyes and questioning peers.

  She didn't need anyone else. She only needed her crew.