Chapter 3: Friends Friends Friends

It is now time for me to go back to my hell hole of a school, but I do not know how to tell Madison. The day I returned to school, all the teachers had heard what me and Rebekah had told Mrs. Carson. We both walked into school together and all the students started clapping and gave us high fives. Almost as if we were in the stupid ass homecoming parade on the cheerleader's float. When we walked into Mrs. Carson's class, she gave us this weird look like we were both about to be killed by the bitch. The first person I could trust not to tell Madison was Anastasia, so of course I tell her and I explain to her how serious it is, she took the news exactly like my mother did. "So, does this mean..." she asked. "No, no goodbye's, no if and or but's, think of it as me going to meet up with my grandfather for a couple of years." As I walk away from Anastasia, I realize that any second Madison will be coming to find me, and as usual, here Madison comes. We both sat down on the grass underneath the old Oak Tree in the lunch courtyard, and I start to cry. "I know." Madison said. "Know about what?" I replied. "You have cancer, your mother called my mom," she added. What had my mother done, I wanted to be the one to tell my bestfriend the news, not her. Madison took the news better than I expected she would. It was like she knew before we even went to Doctor Hellen. That is two friends down, now just Rebekah, Kallie, and Delaney. "What is Kallie going to say, she has been there with me through everything," I had asked myself. I decided to go straight to Rebekah and Delaney, because they were always with each other, as I tell them, they did the same thing Anastasia and my mother did. It was time for me to tell Kallie, so I tried, but she already knew like Madison did because of my mother, and the weird part was she reacted just like Madison had. I know there is something those two are hiding, it was Madison's favorite thing to do.