EPILOGUE PT. 3

what is karma?

what is karma?

12 September 2017
2.33pm
Seoul Mental Insitution

ㅡNarrator

It all made sense now, Chaewon was the one who took away his first kiss, and perhaps his first love too. Jungkook felt a little weird with all these memories flooding into his mind because this girl in front of him was so special to him, yet she vanished just like that from his memories. Jungkook's mouth felt apart, he tried to speak, but nothing could come out.

There was a moment of awkward silence between them, with rays sunlight shining onto them through the window. the atmosphere was a little tense, with the both of them having a staring competition. What an irony.

"Jungkook-ssi, are you doing fine? You look... You seem to have lost weight since the last time I saw you."

"Fine? I guess I am doing fine, why would I not be?" Jungkook laughed sacarstically.

He then felt a splash of guilt all over him, realising that he had killed his first love's brother. Isn't she mad at me? She must be really furious and wants to shout at me right now.

However, Chaewon nodded in reply unexpectedly and took his palm in hers, making Jungkook startled.

"You know, after my brother died, after the Bangtan members died, I-I have no family anymore. You guys were all I have, and I still remember the good times we had, watching movies, cooking together at the Bangtan dorm and singing karaoke. After all, I can't believe that youㅡ" She broke down into tears, not being able to finish her sentence.

For the first time, he felt guilty. Guilty for killing them just because he didn't want Chaewon to get hurt. His heart felt like blades were piercing through it, he wanted to go and hug her, comfort her, but what right did he have to do so? He was the murderer of her brother after all.

"You... Don't you hate me? I killed them, I killed your brother."

Chaewon looked up at him, eyes already swollen. She flashed him a bitter smile and shook her head.

"When I first heard the news, I really hated you. I screamed and screamed, I even thought of finding you and kill you. But, I thought for a while and realised it's not your fault though, you didn't choose to have this conditionㅡ"

"Condition? Why do you have to tell me that too? Why is everyone saying I'm insane huh?" Jungkook scoffed.

"Nevertheless, you are the only family I have now, Jungkook-ssi. I wanna spend meaningful time with you, so that I won't have more regrets in my life. I regret not spending more time with Jimin oppa, I regret throwing a tantrum when he asked me to do house chores. I regret not taking him to the restaurant that he had always wanted to go, I regret not squishing his cheeks more. I regret so many things, godㅡ I miss him."