The Signs in Her Smile

So, here we are

So, here we are. Under the roof of a parking lot, it's raining outside, and we decided to wait until it stopped dropping.

Today is my first date with her. It took me 3 years, can you relate, 3 years to ask her out.

Why?

Such a simple question. I was too afraid, I even didn't think she recognized me this whole time. And, well, she had her man once.

She's not fashionable, she's not wearing a full make-up. I guess she never think of being attracted to men with her appearance. Though, she's still beautiful, just the way it is.

She's smiling now, and then... Wait, she takes her hands out, trying to catch the raindrops. I can only watch her weird act.

"What?" she asked, then our eyes met.

God. I almost forget that I'm still breathing now. Those eyes, those beautiful-sorrow eyes.

"Just wondering why are you smiling."

What the heck! Isn't it a stupid answer?

She's just laughing.

"I love rain. I love rainy days. I love being here because it's raining." she smiles, again.

Doesn't she know every time she did it, it kills me?

Then she continues, "You know-" she takes a deep breath. "I'm actually tired of having relationship that ends with nothing."

Wait, what? Then what is it?

I can't say anything now, I'm running out of words. She's obviously still thinking about those pain. I can see it. The tears in her eyes, though she always tries too hard to hide it in her smile.

"If somebody asking me why- I just want to say, yeah, I just wanna be 'the one' to someone. The one who doesn't mind to spend days to someone. The one who prepares breakfast and makes a lunch box to someone. The one who takes care of that someone's little kids. The one who does weird things because that someone is weird too. The one who always listens to someone's stories before going to bed. The one who is beside someone in a rainy day like this." then she smiles again, turns her beautiful face to me.

I give my smile back to her and the question "Then, can I be that someone?" just come up from my mouth.

She turns away her eyes, her cheeks are blushing. She takes her hands out, trying to catch the raindrops again...

Smiling.