____Chapter two____

///I DIDN'T CHOOSE YOU. MY HEART DID///

The window was pushed up, allowing the stealthy male to silently break into the dark home. He pushed his cold body through the window almost slipping as he set one foot on the cold wooden floor. Toby's eyes were exposed, his lower face being covered with a black mask bandana, the design on it seeming to look like a smile. His hood still covered his head, his clothes still drenched from the rain. Toby looked around standing and waiting to hear any movement from inside the home. Every light within the house was off. Toby took steps forward his footsteps echoing through the empty home. His eyes soon adjusted to the darkness.

The home looked polished, white was the theme of this living room. Two white couches with decorative pillows sat on the couch having a floral pattern on the pillows. They looked soft, as if no one bothered to ever sit on them. A glass coffee table sat in between the couches having a flower vase rest in the middle there were some white carnations and pink peonies inside of the clear vase. The flowers looked healthy and alive, they brought a lovely scent through the home.

Toby quietly examined the living room noticing a white unlit fireplace; the fireplace looked clean, hell... This whole house looked clean! Did people even live here? As the intruder examined the living room he noticed little angel statues on top of the fireplace, a few picture frames on it as well. The blank male examined the photos in the frames; there was one picture of a woman, a man, and a young girl. The young girl looked about eight in the photos, always wearing a bright crooked teeth smile in all. In one of the other photos the child was being pushed by an elder couple who Toby hoped was her grandparents. Each picture that was on the fireplace had a picture of this little girl, all of them looking happy and oblivious.

.What a bunch of idiots.

He began to wonder what kind of life he could have had. What people he might have known. Could he have possibly had a family of his own once he had found the right girl? And what kind of person would he have been if he had never lost his sister? Who could he have been if he had never killed that man who was supposed to be a father. And how happy his mom would have been if they had all just stayed a family...

It was a while until the killer had finally walked away from the fireplace, exploring more of the home he broke into. Toby had eventually found a staircase made of clean wood, the walls and floor once again looking polished as ever. Toby glided his black gloved hand up the railing, quietly going up; softly taking fifteen squeaky steps to the top. A large hallway with five doors greeted him. Two doors were on the left and two were on the right, but one door was at the end of the hallway. Toby quietly looked through each room, one being a restroom and the rest being guest rooms. Everything in the home was so dark and hard to see, but of course this was definitely not his first time sneaking around a sleeping home like this, he had done this for years! Toby knew exactly what and what not to do while sneaking around someone's house. Toby soon took a peek into the last room at the end of the hallway. The white wooden door was a crack open allowing him to slowly push open the door eventually revealing a large room. An elder couple slept in a large light brown bed.

The intruder scanned through the room searching for anything interesting. It was indeed large room, that is for two old people. Toby pondered for a moment, wondering what their day must have been like. It must have been so boring, so dull and unexciting. And possibly normal, peaceful perhaps? Loving. Happy... Could he ever have a life like that? Toby didn't want to be old and weak of course, he just want to taste something a little bit sweeter than the life he currently had.

The male softly closed the door, an elderly couple was sound asleep. He wouldn't want to wake them or freak them out, they were old and weak, he would feel guilty if he killed a weak old couple... That just wouldn't be fair at all. He was a killer not an unfair bully. He would rather kill someone who deserved it or at least looked like they deserved it. Or in a lot of cases just kill whoever his faceless "master" told him to.